Max-Con V versus VM-2...

This is a discussion on Max-Con V versus VM-2... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey all. Here's my deal today... I currently use a Gary Brommeland Max-Con V service grade for my G26. I have no complaints about it ...

Thread: Max-Con V versus VM-2...

Max-Con V versus VM-2...

Hey all. Here's my deal today... I currently use a Gary Brommeland Max-Con V service grade for my G26. I have no complaints about it since it was a big step up in comfort from the Galco holster I had before and is of very good quality. I've always heard about how great the Milt Sparks VMII is and I was wondering if this would be even a better holster than I have now or it would be about the same. I know everyone is different with what feels "right" on them but the designs look pretty similar to my eyes and I didn't know if it was even worth considering or I should just stick with what I have. Might just have the leather bug. Any input from guys out there that have both of these holsters would be great!
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

2. Remove Ads

1943 - 2009

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Both great units! The Sparks stays open for re-holstering.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    Both great units! The Sparks stays open for re-holstering.
    I have both and AZ Husker is correct. Other than that they are pretty much equal.
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

VIP Member
    I too have both and one other difference is that the Max Con V lets the weapon sit slightly lower IWB.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    Skipped right over that one didn't I? Sorry about that. After reading that and the posts here I might hold off on the VM2 for now. The Max Con V seems to be thinner and I like that. Like I said, no complaints about Gary's work. I think that extra "tab" of leather at the bottom really helps for comfort. I have a FIST #5 pocket holster ordered for my P3AT and ordered a Crossbreed Super-Tuck for my G26 so maybe I'll just let these be my toys for now. Thanks for responding to me guys!
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

I didn't see this mentioned, but for "thickness", the Milt Sparks "Watch Six" is more comparable to the Max Con, since it does not have the reinforced mouth like the VMII. Here's a pic of my Glock 26 in a Watch Six:

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC4 View Post
    I didn't see this mentioned, but for "thickness", the Milt Sparks "Watch Six" is more comparable to the Max Con, since it does not have the reinforced mouth like the VMII. Here's a pic of my Glock 26 in a Watch Six:

Thanks for that. To be honest, I really hadn't checked out that one yet but I will.
    Allen

I have both and would get the VM II. IMO the VMII is more comfortable, cheaper in price but similar in quality. I had an order in with Gary for a year before cancelling it and ordering from CCA for a good bit more money.

I ordered from MIlt Sparks and received the holster EARLIER than promised minus the song and dance. MS will only take orders that they know that they can fill.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Quote Originally Posted by allenruger View Post
    Hey all. Here's my deal today... I currently use a Gary Brommeland Max-Con V service grade for my G26. I have no complaints about it since it was a big step up in comfort from the Galco holster I had before and is of very good quality. I've always heard about how great the Milt Sparks VMII is and I was wondering if this would be even a better holster than I have now or it would be about the same. I know everyone is different with what feels "right" on them but the designs look pretty similar to my eyes and I didn't know if it was even worth considering or I should just stick with what I have. Might just have the leather bug. Any input from guys out there that have both of these holsters would be great!

I have had both also and definately prefer the Max Con V. Its thinner rides a bit lower and for me it was more comfortable that the VMII.

I always thought my VMII was the best over Galco, Comp-Tac, and Don Hume. Then I bought a T&T Gunleather IWB. IMO a better fit for comfort and retension, just rides better.

$85 and a 6-8 week wait.

Quote Originally Posted by SCfromNY View Post
    I always thought my VMII was the best over Galco, Comp-Tac, and Don Hume. Then I bought a T&T Gunleather IWB. IMO a better fit for comfort and retension, just rides better.

$85 and a 6-8 week wait.
    I just was looking at the TT Gunleather IWB's and wow they look very very nice. That picture of the brown leather with the black sharkskin trim was a thing of beauty. Wonder why I haven't heard more about these? Anyone have any comments on them?
    Allen

I really like my VMII.

It is a beautiful piece of craftsmanship, extremely comfortable, draws smoothly, and reholsters easily. I don't know how it could be improved!

Jim

Links