GP100 Kydex

This is a discussion on GP100 Kydex within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone know if there is a holster made for the GP100 with kydex? What I really would like to have is the kydex part ...

Thread: GP100 Kydex

GP100 Kydex

Does anyone know if there is a holster made for the GP100 with kydex?

What I really would like to have is the kydex part that would go on a CrossBreed Super tuck or a Montaur MTac, or similar holster with the one side of kydex.

What I want to do with it is mount it under my wifes desk. She will be keeping it in a safe at night and the idea is to be able to place it into the underdesk mounted holster during the day, then back into the safe at night.

If anyone has any other suggestions other than a kydex mount that could be screwed into the wood, I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    If an under desk holster is all you need, why not do it yourself? It isn't that hard to work kydex and if it is only for under a desk the looks will not matter. I could whip up a holster , but do not have the mold for a GP100.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Rocky,

Is there some place to by kydex blanks?

I have had to redo the clips on my Super Tuck holster after I caught one on something and bent it all to heck, I just used the wifes hair dryer and molded it back.

So yea, I guess if I could get a blank piece of Kydex I could mould it myself. I don't care about what it looks like it will just need to hold it secure right above where she keeps her purse.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Lead Moderator
    http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/index.php
    This is a good source for small quantities and assorted screws, ect.
    If you need or want any advice on working it feel free to PM me.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

You can use almost any holster made that will fit the gun or guns you want to use for this. With a cheap uncle mikes pancake holster, you could just run some short wood screws through the outter edges to secure it to the desk.

Rocky,

Thanks for the link. It looks like a $10 kit will be enough to make at least two of those types of holsters out of a 12x12 piece with the eyelets and all.

I think kydex will be the best bet for this type of mount. By tightening or loosening the screws you can adjust the tension on the gun. Using nylon or other material it doesn't appear that it would be very easy to adjust the tension.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Tucker "The Answer" is my next holster for my GP100. It is a hybrid...but I consider it Kydex...eh?

It all comes down to going down the dark holes after monsters. Thatís what itís all about; when everyone else is huddled around the campfire, somebody has to go out and fight.

Links