Pajama carry

This is a discussion on Pajama carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When I am just lounging around the house, I sometimes like to be in just a t shirt and loose gym shorts. There is no ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pajama carry

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Pajama carry

When I am just lounging around the house, I sometimes like to be in just a t shirt and loose gym shorts. There is no way the clothing is going to hold up my weapon. I have a belly band, but I'm looking for some more options. Not into wearing it or the fanny pack around the house. Short of changing my lifestyle in my own home, what options do you recommend for being always armed? Got two kids, so can't just leave it lying about.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

In the same situation, I just slip on my SmartCarry, sometimes underneath my gym shorts or occasionally on top depending on my mood.

VIP Member
    Another vote for SmartCarry!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Another Smartcarry user for PJ carry.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

If I'm just lounging around in my house, my gun is just sitting on the table next to me in some sort of holster so the trigger guard is covered. If I move rooms, I pick it up and it goes with. It's a hell of a lot more comfortable than putting something else on(Smartcarry) after I've been wearing dress clothes and IWB all day.
    "I play for keeps."

I'm sitting here in gym shorts and sweat shirt. My SmartCarry is strapped high around waist with weapon in pouch at 9 O'Clock. Comfy.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Just wear a belt and holster around your waist under your PJ's,you would be surprised what's under my spideroos
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

as others advised, SMART CARRY seems to be the best option for you given your wardrobe.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I wear a tanker holster in that situation. Any shoulder holster should work. I've also been known just to carry my weapon in hand on the rare occasion that I leave my desk while at home.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Carry

I think rather than a bellyband or smartcarry, I'd go with a quick access safe or lockbox. Shouldn't be hard to mount one in your living area in an inconspicuous place, or maybe high up and out of reach of the little ones. My usual method is to put whatever sidearm I have on in a push button safe and keep my Kel Tec .32 around in a pocket. I've also seen picture frames, mirrors, coat racks, and clocks that hold a pistol in a concealed compartment. One of those near the door should help you answer any late night knocking.

Quote Originally Posted by JHoff View Post
    If I'm just lounging around in my house, my gun is just sitting on the table next to me in some sort of holster so the trigger guard is covered. If I move rooms, I pick it up and it goes with. It's a hell of a lot more comfortable than putting something else on(Smartcarry) after I've been wearing dress clothes and IWB all day.
    Ditto. Just keep it next to you. If you find the need to go outside, like picking up the paper, pants with a drawstring work really well for occasional holsterless carry.
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

I'm thinking of a shoulder holster for myself as I like to wear sweat pants when I get home and relax.

Quote Originally Posted by JHoff View Post
    +1

My 637 is by my bed at night, in the drawer when I'm away, and by my side when I'm around the house. The .45 rides "shotgun" when I'm out and legally able to carry.

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    I use a SmartCarry usually. I don't have it on me right now, but the 870 and AR are seven feet away, and three pistols are 10 feet away. I think I'm good.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

I see that you're not a fan of the fanny pack. It's not too bad. When I take off the jeans or slacks and put on pajamas or sweat pants I put my G27 in a fanny pack with a spare mag in the pouch. I'm not a fan of carrying a handgun from room to room and worrying about where to put it. I'd rather have it on my person. The AR and 12 banger are not too far away either.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links