Holsters By DGL

This is a discussion on Holsters By DGL within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi all, I just thought I'd let you know I haven't been sitting on my hands. I'm still arranging my house but I have also ...

Thread: Holsters By DGL

Holsters By DGL

Hi all, I just thought I'd let you know I haven't been sitting on my hands. I'm still arranging my house but I have also managed to make a few holsters in between moving and arranging the shop. Please excuse the poor quality picture as I still haven't unpacked my photo equip. and took the picture with my daughter's camera outside.

Thanks for looking.......
    Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. ~ Robin Williams ~
    www.desbiensgunleather.com

2. Remove Ads

Might nice looking leather.

Top...second from left...new design?

Stay armed...use good leather...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Is the dark brown one on the bottom my new pocket holster for the 642?
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Thanks, and yep, that one is of new design the others have had a slight upgrade done to them. They are basically the same holsters as before but with a few design upgrades to allow the gun to hug the body better than before. All of these holsters are prototypes and are in the field being tested now. I will post more pics as I am able to make more holsters of various design.
    Best,
    DGL
    Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. ~ Robin Williams ~

Quote Originally Posted by swiftyjuan View Post
    Is the dark brown one on the bottom my new pocket holster for the 642?
    Sorry no, but I will have yours done tomorrow, the one you're talking about left today for testing. Sorry Bro

Rhome

I haven't posted anything here in quite a while...But I have "field tested" two of Rhome's new holsters: The top right holster in the initial picture (belt holster for the S&W M&P) as well as an IWB for the M&P (not pictured).

When I first looked at the belt holster I thought it was going to ride too low and make it difficult to conceal under an untucked shirt or vest. I was wrong, it conceals just fine as long as I keep my arms down and don't reach up for anything. This is truly the most comfortable holster I have ever worn for the M&P. It hugs the body very well, I carried it under an untucked polo shirt or 5.11 discreet shirt and it hid very well. I wear my sidearm for at least 10-12 hours a day and it is really one of those holsters that make you forget you're carrying a gun...The M&P is a fairly large and heavy pistol, so this is quite a feat (IMHO). I wore the holster for about two weeks and ordered one (shark skin!) as I handed it off for another guy to field test.

For the last several days I have been wearing one of Rhome's new IWB holsters for the M&P. This one has the belt loops fore and aft of the holster body with no reinforcement band. It rides low to the belt with a pretty marked cant to it, this probably helps it conceal so well. Just like the belt holster, this one is amazing. I have tried several other IWB holsters for the M&P and none of them have been very comfortable, this one is...Even with the full size pistol, it hides very well and is quite comfortable to wear...No pinching or sore spots like I have experienced with Kydex IWB holsters.

Both of these holsters have a more radical cant than I am used to, but with a little practice the draw has become quite natural for me. Perhaps it is the cant that makes these holsters conceal so well and wear so comfortably, I'm not really sure. I do know that they conceal better than any holster I have tried to date (for the M&P), and they are more comfortable than any other holster I have tried so far....I have a large box full of holsters (like many others here) and I really think these are outstanding.

I have several of Rhome's older 1911 holsters ("Classic Line"??) that really work well for me, but I am carrying the M&P almost exclusively now, his new models really work for me, I will be buying a few of them ASAP.....

Administrator
    They are looking mighty fine Rhome.
    Let us know when you're all settled in.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving ! Yes we are working like mad dogs here to produce the very best in concealment holsters. Hopefully this weeked we will start on a face lift for the web site with new the new holsters Mad Badger is talking about. As I've stated before, we are field testing the holsters and some new designs just didn't make the cut and the ones you will see on the web site are turning out to be fantastic. We here at "DGL " are very excited with the new line of holsters and we hope you will too. Hope to see or here from you soon.

Best,
    Rhome

Hi again, I thought I post a preview of the holster Mad Badger is talking about.

Now I can take my nap, To much Turkey !

Links