Sig 225/p6

Sig 225/p6

This is a discussion on Sig 225/p6 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm considering buying a 225 or P6 for carrying but I'm having trouble finding holsters for it. Cam anyone point me in the right direction... ...

Thread: Sig 225/p6

Sig 225/p6

I'm considering buying a 225 or P6 for carrying but I'm having trouble finding holsters for it. Cam anyone point me in the right direction... preferably an IWB.
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    The P6 is very similar in dimensions to the SIG P239. I have an MTAC with a P239 body; although I don't carry the P6, I have tried it in the MTAC and it seems good with a snug belt.

You might see if one of the good suppliers with a decent return policy has a P239 holster in stock that you could get and try out.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

The P6 and 225 are basically the same gun,look for holsters for a Sig 225
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by kazzaerexys View Post
    The P6 is very similar in dimensions to the SIG P239. I have an MTAC with a P239 body; although I don't carry the P6, I have tried it in the MTAC and it seems good with a snug belt.

You might see if one of the good suppliers with a decent return policy has a P239 holster in stock that you could get and try out.
    Thanks that's what I'm lookin for! I wanted the MTAC in particular, but they didn't have it listed so I was wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    The P6 and 225 are basically the same gun,look for holsters for a Sig 225
    I know they're the same gun, I'm just having trouble finding holsters for them as it's a discontinued weapon from Sig. Thanks for the response though.
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Red82 View Post
    Thanks that's what I'm lookin for! I wanted the MTAC in particular, but they didn't have it listed so I was wondering.
    Happy to help. Take a look at post #15 in this thread. I put up photos of my P6 in the MTAC P239 holster.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

We have a 225 casting and have most of our holsters for it.

Justin

Sponsor
    Our SuperTuck works great with the P6/225, as does our SnapSlide
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

If you want an all leather holster, Nate at UBG www.ubgholsters.com has the P225 available. His Canute IWB holster is very well made, a great value for the price and his delivery time is currently 2-4 weeks.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Let me throw another 'maker' into the list...Fist holsters!
    Go through the 'Related Links' above...you won't be disappointed.

I have been satisfied with dozens of them!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'm in the same boat. I just ordered a 239 body today for my P6. I will post how well it works when it gets here. Now if they will make one for the LCP.

TT GUnleather. OWB shown here, but he also has IWB versions.

OK, Just got the 239 body in today. I don't think I would quite call it fitting like a glove but it is usable. I may just be a little picky. I might go to a local shop to see how far off it is in comparison to the 239 that it was made for. It is usable, there just seems to be some gaps that are a bit large in some places such as the top of the slide.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mxracr View Post
    OK, Just got the 239 body in today. I don't think I would quite call it fitting like a glove but it is usable. I may just be a little picky. I might go to a local shop to see how far off it is in comparison to the 239 that it was made for. It is usable, there just seems to be some gaps that are a bit large in some places such as the top of the slide.

I was hoping I caught this thread before someone bought something. The P239 is unlike any other model. The P6 is a variant of the 225 and will fit any holster made for it. The trigger guards on the P239 and the P6 are worlds apart as far as shape.

Nate
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Links