carrying around the house

This is a discussion on carrying around the house within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ok so i carry my h&k 45 c in an comptac c-tac, made a few adjustment and i love it, but once i get home ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: carrying around the house

ok so i carry my h&k 45 c in an comptac c-tac, made a few adjustment and i love it, but once i get home i would rather just unholster and carry in a semi inconspicous way, but more at lesiure, i am thinking a shoulder rig, BUT!!! when i am speaking at leisure i mean at leisure, sometimes without shirt...... you get the picture, so a full shoulder rig is out of the question, anyone know of any holster maker who might make shoulder rigs that would be more like a bandolier, over 1 shoulder? you know for instance around the right side of the neck, pistol hanging under the left arm? seems to me this would be the most convieninet and comfy, i hate carrying iwb all day, when it is time to relax, i relax, and since i take my holster off i dont like hand carrying my pistol everywhere in the house, and do feel something is amiss if i am not armed, so please tell me your remedies for this. thanks in advance.

First off, Welcome to the Fourm!

As for relaxing and lounging around the house armed, try a Smartcarry.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Welcome to the forum! An Uncle Mikes clip on nylon holster wouldn't be a bad idea. I use one some times, and also a Don Hume IWB. Both are clip over belt, and the Uncle Mikes can be used inside or outside waist band. Sort of informal carry.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    I dont have any kids so if I'm lounging around the house and not dressed in anything that uses a belt, I have a few guns strategically placed around the house for easy access. Again, I dont have kids.

>>---->
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

After 34 years of CC my pistol has become a part of me. It is second nature to have it at my side whether I am on the computer (next to the mouse) or on an end table when watching TV. I am retired so my main dress is sweats around the house and the pistol travels with me. When the need for jeans or slacks is in order the pistol travels in pocket or on belt slide holster. Dressier attire calls for a shoulder rig. When doing outdoor work in colder weather the pistol is in my jacket or coat pocket.

bosco

Quote Originally Posted by boscobeans View Post
    After 34 years of CC my pistol has become a part of me. It is second nature to have it at my side whether I am on the computer (next to the mouse) or on an end table when watching TV. I am retired so my main dress is sweats around the house and the pistol travels with me. When the need for jeans or slacks is in order the pistol travels in pocket or on belt slide holster. Dressier attire calls for a shoulder rig. When doing outdoor work in colder weather the pistol is in my jacket or coat pocket.

bosco
    +1

I know it's been said 1000 times, but I'll make it 1001: a proper holster and belt can make carry so comfortable that you could wear it 24/7. I can carry my 1911 IWB all day long, even just sitting around the house, and I pretty much forget I have it on. That said, body type and choice of gun will have an impact on comfort, and the H&K isn't exactly small. Perhaps play around with different holsters and carry positions, get a proper belt, and if possible try different guns better suited to the occasion.
    David

Kimber Pro CDP II Colt Combat Commander Glock 26 GNS Ruger Mark III 22/45 Kahr CW9 (sold)

How about this?

Check this out

Tanker Holster

They have several similar ones on the site.

HTH

Whisky19

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Welcome to the forum! An Uncle Mikes clip on nylon holster wouldn't be a bad idea. I use one some times, and also a Don Hume IWB. Both are clip over belt, and the Uncle Mikes can be used inside or outside waist band. Sort of informal carry.
    +1, my left handed uncle mike nylon holster goes under my T shirt and I stick it in the middle of my back inside a set of comfortable jeans or cargo, columbia shorts. I'm right handed so all I have to do is reach around the back for access (and its well hidden when going to the door). Of course when I sit down in the recliner it comes off and sits beside me. I usually carry a sig so the nylon is very easy on the coating.
    Kahr K9
    Sig P239 9mm DAK
    Sig P229 .40 SAS GenII
    Sig P250 9mm

I'm carrying my G23 in a Galco M5X paddle holster and really like it. I didn't go in looking for the cheapest option, but it turns out that the one i chose was very affordable. The tension screws are nice b/c i can set it to just the right amount and this style allows me to carry even w/out a belt. It's comfortable enough that i generally don't take it off throughout the day.

Belly Band or Smartcarry

I agree with the above poster that a Smartcarry or bellyband would be great for your situation. No need to wear it extremely low, but takes the need away to wear a belt..great with pajama bottoms, sweatpants, etc...
    IMHO more comfortable than a shouldher holster, especially if you use a J-Frame or similar
    YAT-YAS

I have an iside the waist band holster that is made swade. It doesn't chaff, and I carry a sig P220 .45 pretty much all day and I forget it's there.
    "Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay as soft as we are now. There won't
    be any AMERICA left because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our
    women and breed a hardier race!"
    -Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

Any of my holster are comfortable without a shirt, but I always wear a shirt. If my firearm is not on my person around the house, it goes room to room with me.
    Right now it's on the computer desk...inches away!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I use a Smartcarry around the house. Works great.
    "An armed society is a polite society"

VIP Member
    wear the G21 or 30 in a Fobus paddle holster when I'm at the house, easy on/off, comfortable
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

jfl
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcher View Post
    I dont have any kids so if I'm lounging around the house and not dressed in anything that uses a belt, I have a few guns strategically placed around the house for easy access. Again, I dont have kids.
    >>---->
    Same thing here !
    Sitting at the dinner table, the G-19 is on the table, just where my right hand would naturally go.
    Since my wife loves candlelight dinner, even if the BG shut the power off, I can still see enough to grab the gun and activate, if necessary, the light on the pica rail.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links