Just join this forum.
I received my CCW permit 2 weeks ago and I now can conceal.
I currently have a SIG P245, My wifes pistol is a KAHR TP9.
I am looking to carry the P245, I know nothing about holsters.
So, Here are my questions.
1) How does one purchase a holster sight unseen from these web-sites and know it is going to work for you ? Do they let you try before you buy ?
2) What do I need to look for in a Holster, I am leaning towards the IWB type.
3) It appears from the different Videos that the IWB seems the best to conceal without gettig in the way, Is that True ?? Should I be looking at other methods to carry ?
4) What is diffienet between OWB and IWB. Is the OWB just a standard Holster for open-carry ? Does it hang off your hip exposed and need some type of jacket to cover it ? I would not want to have to wear a coat, living in AZ is hot and don't need the extra clothing.
5) One of the guys mentioned in my introduction that leather is the best option for concealment, is that true ?
6) What about "Plastics", are they considered junk ?
7) Is the "You get what you pay for" true for the holster world ? and what would be a price range to look for in researching for ? Does the $70-$100 dollar range adaquate for a good quality holster. I seen some on the web for $30, but I think they may be junk.
8) What functions Should I look for and what features are considered that "I can not live with out ?" I really do not know what features exists in holsters. The only thing I know so far is "Slide gun in, Slide gun out"