MTAC trial by fire

MTAC trial by fire

This is a discussion on MTAC trial by fire within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; well i recieved it earlier in the mail today, and i tell you what i ripped that box open like a kid on christmas morning. ...

Thread: MTAC trial by fire

MTAC trial by fire

well i recieved it earlier in the mail today, and i tell you what i ripped that box open like a kid on christmas morning. i work part time at a jewelry store so therefore have to wear a suit and tie. i carried my fullsize 1911 for 5 hours in the mtac, and must say, amazing. i was constantly up and moving, had to bend over a couple of times and people never noticed it. i give it 5 stars, my buddy was so amazed with it that he whipped out his iphone and ordered one right then and there for his glock 30.
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

Sounds like you're all set. Don't you just love getting packages like that? Sometimes I feel like I'm stalking the mail guy. Glad you like it... enjoy!
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

thanks, yeah i was peeking out the window from 8am till it came at 1pm
    U/315
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

Nothing beats a comfortable holster...isn't it a great feeling?

Congrats on the new 'package'.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    The MTAC is extremely comfortable, I'm sure you will like it even more once its broken in and forms to your hip better. I really like mine.

>>---->
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

best 90 bucks ive ever spent
    U/315
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by allenruger View Post
    Sometimes I feel like I'm stalking the mail guy.

I'm glad to know it's not just me!

Congrats on the new holster, Tyler11B! Sounds like a true test.

thanks, im very very pleased. the smarties were delicious also. the thank you note was a nice touch too. they will definatly be getting more of my business. my next order is going to be a gunblet through them
    U/315
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor

here are some photos i just grabbed up

U/315
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor

Congrats, great choice. I LOVE my Mtac !!

Congrat's, I really like mine also.. Be safe and carry well!
    --I'M PROUD TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO BEAR ARMS--

Glock27/ KaBar TDI/ MTAC Holster. I have more also, but this combination works well..

I love my MTAC as well. It took me about an hour of adjusting it until I found the perfect position, but now I can forget it's there. I DID forget it was there last week in fact. I had just gotten home from running some errands when our department got toned off for a house fire. I made my way to the station, jumped in my turnout gear and hopped on the engine. That's when I remembered I was still packing my 5" 1911. I had to run back outside and "unload" the holster/firearm while everyone on the engine was wondering what the heck was wrong with me.

Just don't forget that part of finding the perfect carrying position is finding a position that you can draw from both fast and accurately. It may be more comfortable at the 5:00 position, but how fast can you get to it? Personally, about 3:15 for me with the front strap in the bottom hole, and the rear strap in the 3rd hole from the bottom.

One more thing about the MTAC... I requested a slide through version so that I could carry my 3" and 5" 1911 in the same holster, but was told that option did not exist from Minotaur so I ordered one for a 3". When it came in, I just took a dremel tool to the bottom, opening it up a little so both my 3" and 5" fit perfectly.
    "The trouble with small furry animals in a corner is that, just occasionally, one of them's a mongoose." - Terry Pratchett, Witches Abroad

Member: NRA - GOA - Grassroots SC

some in action shots, sorry for the crappy quality, they were takin on my ole ladies iphone. im still in awe of how a skinny guy like me can make a 1911 disappear under a thin tshirt

U/315
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor

Congrats on your choice of holsters Tyler11B, I carry my 1911 at about the same position as you have yours in your picture, you might be able to make it disappear a little more, as I have by increasing the holster cant by one more notch, I've found mine prints less and I can get a better grip when drawing with the extra cant...airborne all the way!
    The first time you aren't armed and prepared may be the last time you wished you were.

i adjusted the cant on it, and i must say this holster still surprises me, much more comfortable and easier to draw now. thanks again. airborne all the way
    U/315
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor

Sponsored Links