Bersa 380 CC Model

This is a discussion on Bersa 380 CC Model within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello I am new and looking for a leather holster for a Bersa CC model I just bought today. I want a forward cant so ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bersa 380 CC Model

Bersa 380 CC Model

Hello I am new and looking for a leather holster for a Bersa CC model I just bought today. I want a forward cant so it rides close to the body and I am just interested in what others have used and like or dislike. GREAT SITE!!!!! Thanks.....
    I will always have a gun, I don't trust Democrats.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    OWB or IWB?
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

OWB, Thanks.......
    I will always have a gun, I don't trust Democrats.

TGC
    I have the Bersa Thunder DLX and use the Galco Stinger for OWB. It's great. It's simple, it's comfortable, and it's easily hiden.

Check out Fist holsters...see 'Related Links' above...doesn't cost anything to look.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have two The Slide already made. One black and one brown both right handed with 15 degree cant with 1.5" belt slots. $55 shipped.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

EW3
    For OWB, UBG Holsters can't be beat.

UBG

Do give a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB a try, though. They make them for Bersa (I checked) and I have one for my Kahr MK9. It's sooooooo comfy, even when sitting in my car, and disappears under just a t-shirt.

CrossBreed Holsters
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

How about one with a thumb break or other form of secure retention?
    It is to be observed that Right of Self-Defence, arises directly and immediately from the Care of our own Preservation, which Nature recommends to every one. . . , and that this right is so primary, that it cannot be denied on the basis that it is not "expressly set forth.

--- Hugo Grotius

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    I'm sure you've heard it once, and a thousand times. Thumb breaks aren't recommended for concealed carry. Your weapon is already covered by one or more garments, you're adding another obstacle to retrieving your weapon.

Custom holster makers, be it kydex, leather or other, make their holsters to retain the weapon without such devices. Get into generic fitting holsters (size 1, 2, 3, etc.), then the strap may be necessary, because the holster isn't made for said gun.

That being said, Tim Start at highdesertleather.com has been doing off-duty rigs for years and most of the departments he has dealt with require straps. He's good at it.

Nate
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Thumb breaks are a matter of security in my opinion. I ride a motorcycle and feel I need either that or some form of retention because the last thing I need is the gun to ride up and fall out while I'm doing 70 on the highway. Everyone has their own needs, mine is I 'need' a retention device f some sort. The average person does not.
    It is to be observed that Right of Self-Defence, arises directly and immediately from the Care of our own Preservation, which Nature recommends to every one. . . , and that this right is so primary, that it cannot be denied on the basis that it is not "expressly set forth.

--- Hugo Grotius

Some form of "retention" is a must with any holster, but it doesn't have to be from an active retention device such as a thumbstrap either. As was mentioned, most any quality holster that is made for a specific gun is molded to the weapon and will provide adequate retention. Some have retention adjustment screws that you can tighten down so far that you can't draw the gun at all. IWB's have the added retention of the belt, plus (depending on design & carry position) the flex of the holster around the hip can also add tension. When I first got my MTAC for a 1911, I couldn't even draw the weapon until I figured out the proper "technique."

Seriously, a gun will NOT just fall out of a properly fitted, quality holster. No thumbstrap should be needed for ordinary civilian carry, but I do realize for some folks it's one of those "comfort" factors thay just can't get over. Especially for those new to carry, where I see a lot thinking they must have thumbreaks, while the more crusty and grizzled carriers generally do not.

Actually, I would argue that many thumbreak holsters are potentially MORE prone to loss, because they tend to rely entirely on the thumbstrap rather than proper weapon fit for retention -- if the thumbstrap is ever accidentally released, there is NOTHING holding the weapon in and it is much more likely to fall out than with an open-top holster.
    David

Kimber Pro CDP II Colt Combat Commander Glock 26 GNS Ruger Mark III 22/45 Kahr CW9 (sold)

BIANCHI 7:

I'm thinking about this one: The Model 6D – ATB™ Waistband

--- Hugo Grotius

I think you should try the Crossbreed Super tuck, I have a holster like the one you're thinking of and the Supertuck has much better rentention, and comfort, even though it's IWB
    Prepared to Fight
    Patriot for Peace

I ride too but I have a crossbreed IWB for a 1911 the trigger guard offers resistance and I don't worry about losing my gun
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links