MTAC Clips

This is a discussion on MTAC Clips within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone used or is using the MTAC C clip or V clip? I'm thinking of ordering one of these, but I'd like to hear ...

Thread: MTAC Clips

MTAC Clips

Has anyone used or is using the MTAC C clip or V clip? I'm thinking of ordering one of these, but I'd like to hear your comments on both of them before I make an order. Thanks for any comments.
    The first time you aren't armed and prepared may be the last time you wished you were.

2. Remove Ads

I've got the C clips and also the standard clips. They both work great. But, if you decide to tuck your shirt, the C clips are the best. Hardly anything shows.

Senior Moderator
    +1 for the C-clips. Have them on both my MTACs and have good results from them.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Thanks for the help, just ordered the C clips, the standard clips work well and I've had no comments when I've tucked but I think the C clips will help increase the concealment.
    The first time you aren't armed and prepared may be the last time you wished you were.

I need to be able to conceal with my shirt tucked in and I don't like the idea of the standard clips giving me away to anyone who know what to look for. I just received a set of V-clips but I'm still waiting for my velcro-lined gun belt to arrive so that I can try it out. I'll let you know what I think about it when I get it set up.

Just received my C clips in the mail and set my holster up with them, they definitely make a difference for concealment

larefugee, let us know how the V clips work with your new belt, did they also come with a velcro patch that you could have someone sew to a gun belt?
    Life is good

Over on GT there was a guy who had to wear business casual dress every day and he carried a G23 in a CTAC with V Clips and it was amazingly concealable.

I have both the standard clips and the "c" clips. I primarily use the standard clips. However, last month I was out to eat and when I leaned forward in my chair the bottom of the clip got caught on the seat and stretched one of my clips. There is now a gap at the bottom of the clip. This would be less likely to happen with "c" clips. Therefore, my MTAC now wears the "c" clips.

I usually wear my VM II. But when I wear a shirt and tie I like to tuck my G27 in the MTAC.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

MTAC raised the cost of these clips. I checked about 2 weeks back and they were $14 but $17 each now plus shipping. Wow, inflation or just keeping up with everything else?

Links