Post pics of your Kydex FIST holsters

This is a discussion on Post pics of your Kydex FIST holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm in a toss up between the FIST #1K and a Comptac 2 o'clock. There's an obvious price difference of $25 between the two and ...

Thread: Post pics of your Kydex FIST holsters

I'm in a toss up between the FIST #1K and a Comptac 2 o'clock. There's an obvious price difference of $25 between the two and I was wondering why the difference. But then I stumbled across these pictures of a comptac holster from a member off another site...

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...K/DSC_1346.jpg
    http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...K/DSC_1345.jpg
    http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...K/DSC_1349.jpg
    http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...K/DSC_1350.jpg

After seeing these pictures and comparing them to the pictures of Kydex FIST holsters from there website, comptac SEEMS to display better craftsmanship in their holsters.

SO BASICALLY, can those of you who own Kydex FIST holsters please post up some good pictures of their holsters and show me that FIST is on par w/ the craftsmanship of Comptac and that it isn't worth spending the extra $.

Thanks.

Sorry that I have no pics.

I have the FIST K10 Kydex IWB Rounded Front holster for my Glock 27. I love it. The great thing about it is the thinness of the kydex. All of the FIST IWB kydex holsters are made of ultra thin kydex (you can get them in thin kydex, too). The ultra thin kydex explains the difference in appearance between the FIST and Comptac holsters. The ultra thin kydex of the FIST holsters makes that of the Comptac look like thick steel plate armor in comparison.

The beauty of the FIST ultra thin kydex is that it really does disappear in your waistband. Some think that it is too weak, but in an IWB holster, I think it works fine. Also, the retention is just right.

pax
    Here are some pictures of my FIST K-8, a hybrid Kydex/leather design. I think you can get a good idea of the Kydex quality of workmanship from the photos.

Please note the holster is over a year old and has been worn almost every day during that time, so the wear-&-tear scuffs are only to be expected.

The design is supposed to allow the user to adjust the angle of the holster on the belt (its cant). However, even with Loc-Tite on the screws, the slot for the screws is just slightly too wide and the holster self-adjusts to whatever cant it feels like at the moment. It's unstable and uncomfortable.

I've been pleased with the leather/Kydex bucket, just not with the Kydex strap. I love how flat the design is (look, Ma, no folds!), but when I ordered it I did not realize how far above the belt those two screws would stick, or how poorly concealed they'd be. I like it locking securely onto my belt loop, but don't like that the slot for the belt loop is just slightly wrong (in both width and height) for every pair of jeans I've had it on.

pax
    Attached Images
    Kathy Jackson
    My website: Cornered Cat

I use a FIST Ultra Thin 1K. It is as if I'm carrying Mexican since there is zero bulk. I admit it isn't pretty but who cares, it is out of sight. Been using it for over two years and it has held up perfectly. Just look at the FIST web site and you will see they produce high quality products.

Common Sense, the rarest of all senses

I have both a Comp-tac 2'0 Clock and a FIST #1 kydex (sorry no pics) and would pretty much have to echo the comments made by the previous posters. The 2 0' Clock is made like a brick outhouse - stiff and thick. The FIST ultra thin is very soft and pliable and really does seem to disappear in my waist band. Both are extremely well made and are of high quality. The FIST, while looking thin and frail, is anything but. Just select what you want and you will get an excellent holster.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

From these posts I guess I can't go wrong with an ultra thin FIST, thanks for reassuring me that first a grade A product. I'll post pics/mini-review once I get it in.

Thanks

I don't have your particular model of that Fist holster, but I do have about 30 other Fist holsters, and not one has been a problem. All have been well worth the $$. The company secretary knows my name when I call, they have treated me very well.
    I can give a big to Fist.

Stay armed...use a quality Fist holster...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links