CTAC or Supertuck?

This is a discussion on CTAC or Supertuck? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have the crossbreed supertuck and love it. It is so comfortable....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CTAC or Supertuck?

I have the crossbreed supertuck and love it. It is so comfortable.
    MsXD9

[B]"When seconds count police are minutes away"!

2. Remove Ads

I too have been pondering both and am leaning crossbred. Although I like the MTAC's idea of being able to change the Minator for a different gun. I wonder if crossbred will do this at some point?
    The Second Amendment ...... Because crime SHOULD be a hazardous occupation.

If you want to piss off a conservative, lie to him.
    If you want to piss off a liberal, tell him the truth.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by farmerbyron View Post
    I too have been pondering both and am leaning crossbred. Although I like the MTAC's idea of being able to change the Minator for a different gun. I wonder if crossbred will do this at some point?
    No, we have no plans of offering interchangeable bodies. It is our opinion that the attachment will loosen up over time, especially the more often you swap bodies out. We build 'em to last and offer a lifetime warranty.

Additionally it's my personal opinion that it's easier to just grab the appropriate holster for the gun you intend to carry and put it on, than it is to spend time switching out bodies as you are trying to get out the door.

This comment is not a dig on comp-tac, its just a clarification of one of the areas where we differ in our designs. They put out good products, it's just that we have different priorities in our designs.
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

I have both the CB and the MTAC. I purchased the MTAC for the ability to change out the shells. I have never once changed them out - never. Just get a CB for each gun you desire to carry. I do not want to take the time to unscrew/screw - adjust, etc the shells for different guns. Plus, Comp-Tac adds an additional piece of smooth backed leather to accomodate this option. It makes the MTAC a little thicker, does not stay in place as good as a rough backed holster, is not as flexible as the CB. Some people think this additional piece of cover up leather makes the MTAC a better product - not the case.

I am not saying the MTAC is total junk, for me I think the CB is more comfortable. Both have excellent customer service. I do like the lifetime warranty of the CB - not that I have had any issues.

between the mtac and cb? hands down crossbreed and i didn't say that just because craig posted here lol I have both for my ultra, my cb i have had for a couple years now, bought the mtac for another gun, didn't like how it sat, but figured my ultra would sit better so i bought a body from comp-tac (great company to deal with, no complaints there) got it in record time threw it together and still didn't like it, the problem for me was when i'd draw my gun was fine, but the holster would relax against me and i had a hard time reholstering, i think the mtac is built slimmer then my crossbreed or something like that, I have never had a problem reholstering with my cb. Craig and his staff are great t deal with i had my holster with in two weeks from when i ordered it. And i heard they mae a nice belt too.

I'm biased to MTAC, but I believe both are really good.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    What's a better holster for a USPc? Minotaur MTSC (from CTAC) or Crossbreed Supertuck?
    I love my Crossbreed Supertuck! I can CC my XD40 service pistol in complete comfort. If you want pix please let me know. I will post em up!

VIP Member
    AresXD40. If you want pix please let me know. I will post em up!

Lets see thsoe picture's.

Ye asked, and ye shall receive. My basic CC package. I also normally back up with a Bersa .380 in an ankle holster. Also to add in case of curiosity, I am 5'10" 185lbs, some people ask a person's size to get an idea of similarities so there ya go.

Front View

Side View

Back View

Revealed Back View

Reviewed Side View

Concealed Carry Package in Question
    Last edited by AresXD40; November 23rd, 2008 at 06:04 PM.

Thanks for the pics - since I originally started this thread, however, I Went another way:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...tech-nano.html

No problem! I figured it would help out, Bladetech makes a nice holster as well!

How do ya'll guys feel about that large piece of leather that is underneath the holster? I didn't think I'd care for having such a large thing up against my side - another reason I went with the bladetech.

It personally doesn't bother me one bit. IMO it adds to the comfort. I have had a couple of IWB completely kydex holsters and it felt like they cut into my side. Another plus with the Supertuck is the fact that with the large piece of leather your whole side becomes the support, not just your belt and waistband. Which is nice with a fairly heavy piece like the XD40 service.

Quote Originally Posted by AresXD40 View Post
    It personally doesn't bother me one bit. IMO it adds to the comfort. I have had a couple of IWB completely kydex holsters and it felt like they cut into my side. Another plus with the Supertuck is the fact that with the large piece of leather your whole side becomes the support, not just your belt and waistband. Which is nice with a fairly heavy piece like the XD40 service.
    I agree.

Although I haven't had mine very long, the somewhat little that I've worn it, the leather doesn't bother me at all. As AresXD40 said, it adds to the support and therefore the comfort. Shipwreck, you should give it a try. If you don't like it you can return it to Crossbreed within two weeks. If it takes you longer than that to decide that you don't like it, they keep their value pretty well. With the crazy amount of good reviews that they receive, and the two week trial, I'm surprised you didn't give it a try. I'm glad you like the nano though.

-Jeff-

Well, I'm broke at the moment. I have to pay that USPc45 off, the 4 extra mags I ordered, 1500 rounds of 5.7x28mm, and the Bladetch holster. I'm el broko.

I'm satisfied with the bladetech enough that I'll stick with this fornow. I really like it. I generally find 1 holster I like for each gun, and stick with it (for a specific carry style - like 1 OWB holster and 1 IWB holster). So, unless I dislike the bladetech for some reason down the line, I'll stick with that.

Now, I am having a problem with another holster - I have owned several FLETCH holsters for OWB, however, and I'm having some issues with the one for this USPc 45 - it is the holster specifically for the gun. Unless I draw it at a specific angle, it gets hung up.

I have owned numerous FLETCHs, and never had this problem before.

The one for my FNP 9 even works for the USPc45, but the strap won't work for cocked and locked. But, that holster works fine on the draw for the USPC45. I don't know what's wrong with this specific GALCO holster.

I don't wanna be in a situation where I need to draw the gun and can't.

I plan to talk to Galco, and unless I get that resolved, I won't use it (and will only use the Nano).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links