CTAC or Supertuck?

This is a discussion on CTAC or Supertuck? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What's a better holster for a USPc? Minotaur MTSC (from CTAC) or Crossbreed Supertuck?...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CTAC or Supertuck?

CTAC or Supertuck?

What's a better holster for a USPc? Minotaur MTSC (from CTAC) or Crossbreed Supertuck?

2. Remove Ads

los
    My EDC is a Kahr PM45 in a CB SuperTuck. Just got the CBST a few weeks ago but by far is the best IWB [deep concealment] holster I've ever owned/worn..! Many members on this [and other] forums own the SuperTuck. I'm extremely satisfied. Great customer service and fast shiipping, too.

With that said, I've heard and read many, many good things about MTAC. Most, if not all, MTAC Minotaur owners were/are very satisfied with the product.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with either holster.

FYI, not sure about C-TAC products, but Crossbreed has a lifetime warranty on their products and actually offer a 2-week trial/return policy. No questions asked. Pretty cool.

Wish The SuperTuck was available when I owned my USPc about 6 years ago. I tried carrying it in a Sparks VMII but never got use to the bulky feel. The HK was one of the most accurate 45acp autos I ever owned.!!

-Jimmy
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

I like the MTAC a bit better than the supertuck, but I like a Raven Concealment better than both. If you really want kydex anyway.

I know that sorta went around the question, but I'd say go for MTAC. I have it and like it. Tried the Crossbreed and it wasn't for me.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

So far, after reading people's older threads, I'm kinda leaning towards the Supertuck.

usually, I always avoid IWB, as it is hot in TX, and I never felt like rubbing the gun down in oil everyday.

I've always used leather belt holsters, like the Galco Fletch.

But with a gun with a longer grip than a P99c/Glock 26, it can be hard to keep it concealed that way.

I am getting a USPc 45 soon, and I'm just not gonna worry about sweat on the gun too much. The HK should be able to take it with the finish.

So, these types of holsters are new to me.

I did have someone make me a leather IWB holster. But, the leather is WAY too thick, and when I wear it, it makes a humongous bulge, just from the holster. I want something thin.

los
    Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    .....I did have someone make me a leather IWB holster. But, the leather is WAY too thick, and when I wear it, it makes a humongous bulge, just from the holster. I want something thin.

Precisely..!!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

I got a supertuck for my M&P .40. It is the only IWB holster that I have, but I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    So far, after reading people's older threads, I'm kinda leaning towards the Supertuck.

usually, I always avoid IWB, as it is hot in TX, and I never felt like rubbing the gun down in oil everyday.

I've always used leather belt holsters, like the Galco Fletch.

But with a gun with a longer grip than a P99c/Glock 26, it can be hard to keep it concealed that way.

I am getting a USPc 45 soon, and I'm just not gonna worry about sweat on the gun too much. The HK should be able to take it with the finish.

So, these types of holsters are new to me.

I did have someone make me a leather IWB holster. But, the leather is WAY too thick, and when I wear it, it makes a humongous bulge, just from the holster. I want something thin.
    A good leather holster doesn't have to be thick.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Go with the Crossbreed Supertuck. I enjoy it better than the MTAC. My MTAC moves around due to the extra piece of leather they put on it - they put the smooth side towards the skin. Where the Crossbreed keeps the entire side that touches the sking thinner and rougher than the MTAC - this keeps the holster from moving or slipping - plus it conceals better.

+1 for the CBST. Cannot compare to MTAC as I have never tried it, but they look extremely similar. Can't imagine either would be a bad decision. That being said, CrossBreed is a Christian company if that sway's you for or against them, it matters to me.

I carry both a USP 45 and a USPc 9mm in my supertuck. I am happy with the product. I have no experence with CTAC.

Thanks for the info guys :)

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I've never used a Supertuck, but I do love and endorse the C-TAC.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Soular View Post
    +1 for the CBST. Cannot compare to MTAC as I have never tried it, but they look extremely similar. Can't imagine either would be a bad decision. That being said, CrossBreed is a Christian company if that sway's you for or against them, it matters to me.
    +1 to all of this! I've only had my Super Tuck for about a week or so now but it is so comfortable. I was using a Max Con V up to this point but will have to say that I think this Crossbreed might even be more comfortable than it. They are comfortable and functional holsters and at the end of the day this is what we all want.
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

I love my CBST! most comfortable IWB I've ever had.
    Prepared to Fight
    Patriot for Peace

I own both the Supertuck (in horsehide) and the MTAC and I don't think you could go wrong with either of them. I love them both! The horsehide is a tad bit stiffer (if you go that route) than the leather, but both holsters are extremely comfortable. I like my supertuck because I can carry both my 5" and 3" 1911 in the same holster due to it's open ended design. Minatour does not "technically" offer the open ended design for the 1911, so I bought the 3" version and modified it.

I did not get the combat grip version of the Supertuck, reasoning that if I decided I wanted it, I could cut it myself and save a buck or two. It didn't take me long to realize that the combat cut would it much easier to draw with, so I cut my own. Now, being the completely incompetent person I am, I cut too much off, so now my thumb safety catches the tip and makes it very difficult to re-holster one handed.

I think the guys over are crossbreed will be offering metal clips for their holster soon, so that might be a plus as well, although I have never had an issue with either holster's clips. Heck, just hang a picture of both on the wall and throw a dart. Or... do what I did, buy both.
    "The trouble with small furry animals in a corner is that, just occasionally, one of them's a mongoose." - Terry Pratchett, Witches Abroad

Member: NRA - GOA - Grassroots SC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links