Which Pocket Holsters?

Which Pocket Holsters?

This is a discussion on Which Pocket Holsters? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am pretty sure my next pistol is going to be a S&W 642 I am wondering what you think is the best pocket holster ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Pocket Holsters?

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar

Which Pocket Holsters?

I am pretty sure my next pistol is going to be a S&W 642
    I am wondering what you think is the best pocket holster for this pistol and why?
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

High end and the best (from my experience) - Kramer.

No personal experience, but many are fond of the Mika. I don't like vinyl pistol pouches.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

EW3
    I have a S&W 442 that I've carried in a DeSantis Nemesis that worked pretty well.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

MIKA MIKA MIKA MIKA!!!!!!!!

There I got it out of my system. I've owned a few pocket holsters in leather and the desantis nemesis. Nothing comes close to the round bottom Mika pocket holster.

I think its made of Naugahyde with a synthetic inside. Its fast, light, and conceals better than the rest.
    Wreck'em Tech! Go Red Raiders!

I have the Signess!

Sig Sauer P225 Montage Suisse / Sig Sauer P238 / Sig Sauer P226 9mm CPO / S&W M&P9c

I have a S&W 642 that I carry in an Uncle Mike's Pocket Holster. Has worked well, and every time I have pulled the gun (practice draw) the gun has come out of the holster and the holster stayed in the pocket.

My brother carries the S&W .357 Mag version (but loaded with .38 Spl +P) with the same holster. He likes it.

For the money (I think < $10), I think it is a good pocket holster.

However, I am considering a leather version from one of the site's sponsors (just out of loyalty to the site) or Mika's (just because of rep with his pocket holster).

You want thin? You want stability? You want the holster to stay in the pocket...every time?

Fist #5K kydex pocket holster...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array AZ Desertrat's Avatar
    Nemesis or Mika
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government--lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." --Patrick Henry

NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    retsupt99
    Does that rolled area for pushing with the thumb ever get uncomfortable? Looks like it might press in to the thigh if sitting for long periods.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Ron
    I have two Mika holsters, the round cut and the square cut, in which I carry my 642, depending upon what kind of pants I am wearing. The square cut for cargo pants and the round cut for docker type and dress slacks.

Great holster. Gun does not print, and it always stays in the pocket when you draw.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

I like side guard holsters rough out

I own a Mika, an Uncle Mike's, a Hedley and some sort of kydex. My newest pocket holster is a RKBA and it's my favorite.

Reasons are:
    It has just a hint of retention, which is nice when wearing baggy shorts or pants. I don't have to worry about the pistol falling out while sitting.

The "wings" grab the pocket of every pair of shorts and pants I own; clean draw everytime.

And finally, the workmanship that went into it. It's not pretty to look at, but there's no doubt the maker took his time making the holster because the stitching and fit is perfect.

They go for $34, shipping included, which is a bargain in my book.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    --GEORGE ORWELL

Quote Originally Posted by Texan29 View Post
    I think its made of Naugahyde with a synthetic inside. Its fast, light, and conceals better than the rest.
    Thats's pretty funny if you think about it.

- OS

I own a RKBA and a Mika, seem to use the RKBA more.... so my preference is RKBA, maybe it's the leather

RKBA Leather & Holsters

I've tried a couple of leather holsters and didn't care for them with the 642, the one I bought for my PPK is fine though, go figure.

So far my favorite for the j-frame so far has been the Uncle Mike's (#3?) for a whopping $12. I haven't tried Mika's goods yet but that may be next on my list, never heard a negative post about his holsters. I checked out the Nemisis at a local shop, the stabilizing wing seemed a little too flexible for my taste - just a personal preference.
    Jack

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by bunchok View Post
    I own a Mika, an Uncle Mike's, a Hedley and some sort of kydex. My newest pocket holster is a RKBA and it's my favorite.

Reasons are:
    It has just a hint of retention, which is nice when wearing baggy shorts or pants. I don't have to worry about the pistol falling out while sitting.

The "wings" grab the pocket of every pair of shorts and pants I own; clean draw everytime.

And finally, the workmanship that went into it. It's not pretty to look at, but there's no doubt the maker took his time making the holster because the stitching and fit is perfect.

They go for $34, shipping included, which is a bargain in my book.
    +1 on the RKBA, great pocket holster!. I also own a Mika which works well also but I like the slimness of the RKBA and slight retention. And like Bunchok said the price is a steal!
    Glock 26 4gen, H&K USPc, S&W 642, Wilson Combat 1911 CQB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links