Holster Recommedation for Florida - Page 2

Holster Recommedation for Florida

This is a discussion on Holster Recommedation for Florida within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Keep in mind that you may have more problems with your mags than your gun. My 9000s has a polymer frame, and I have had ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holster Recommedation for Florida

Florida

Keep in mind that you may have more problems with your mags than your gun.

My 9000s has a polymer frame, and I have had relatively little problems IBW and especially OWB.

I will be getting the Crossbreed - with horse hide - early next year for IWB. My current IWB - DeSantis Tuck-This N9 - has no rusting problems (provided that you do not put your spare mag in it), though I have some other issues.

Any OWB will work, covering with your shirt out. You might find that better, unless you need to tuck your shirt in.

Mags - both spare(s) and in the gun - drove me nuts until I got some Leatherman Tool CORE or the SUPERTOOL (aka SUPERTOOL 200) ballistic nylon cases for the spares, and soaked all the magazines with Sheath Rust Preventative.
    George H. Foster
    Orlando, Florida

Hmmm...Good holster for the Florida climate? That really depends on a lot of factors. For instance, if I'm carrying my Sigma, I use my Crossbreed Supertuck. Now, if I'm carrying my 1911, I reach for the Crossbreed Supertuck.

Guess it really doesn't depend after all...Welcome to the sunshine state

Milt Sparks VM II, when it get's real hot I tuck a T shirt and throw on a short sleeve light cover shirt.

All methods will work, but try out a few and go with what is best for you.
    --I'M PROUD TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO BEAR ARMS--

Glock27/ KaBar TDI/ MTAC Holster. I have more also, but this combination works well..

Quote Originally Posted by GHFLRLTD View Post
    Keep in mind that you may have more problems with your mags than your gun.

My 9000s has a polymer frame, and I have had relatively little problems IBW and especially OWB.

I will be getting the Crossbreed - with horse hide - early next year for IWB. My current IWB - DeSantis Tuck-This N9 - has no rusting problems (provided that you do not put your spare mag in it), though I have some other issues.

Any OWB will work, covering with your shirt out. You might find that better, unless you need to tuck your shirt in.

Mags - both spare(s) and in the gun - drove me nuts until I got some Leatherman Tool CORE or the SUPERTOOL (aka SUPERTOOL 200) ballistic nylon cases for the spares, and soaked all the magazines with Sheath Rust Preventative.
    afaik, ur mags can be visible (if you don't have a problem with that)

I just ordered a CTAC infidel. mainly because sometimes I tuck my shirt in, so when I do, i need something tuckable, and sometimes I don't. for those i can use the non-tuck clips. i like that its hybrid.

for OWB i dunno... very rare do I wear something that would let me wear OWB, for that, i'm gonna order myself a phantom when I have enough cash.

In warmer months I carry my Glock 27 in a Milt Sparks VM II under a normal sized t shirt. I have no problem concealing it.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

In the signature below. It works very well for me in Florida..
    --I'M PROUD TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO BEAR ARMS--

Glock27/ KaBar TDI/ MTAC Holster. I have more also, but this combination works well..

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    My current IWB lineup:
    -K&D Dakota Defender
    -MTAC
    -High Noon Split Decision

All usually with a wife beater or light tee underneath and another shirt tucked over.

I have and prefer pocket carry here in Florida I'd recommend a S&W airweight J-frame these carry great in pocket also. I also have to say your HK can be concealed given proper belt and IWB rig is used.

Hey Son, I am thinking about getting a super tuck for my new PT 24/7 Pro C. I know you will do what you want, cause you never listen to your old man. Oh Yes an by the way I put in my paper work for concealed carry today. I know it took me long enough.

Smart Carry 16 hours/day. Was giving thought to a spare, maybe Fobus for a paddle, but no one answers the phone or responds to e-mails. Gave thought to some others, but don't want to take out a loan on the house or sell my car or wait until next Summer...as far as I'm concerned, SmartCarry works great for concealed and no feeling of weight (.45 full size).
    Semper Vigilantia - Semper Paratus
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links