Rusty Sherrick High Ride

This is a discussion on Rusty Sherrick High Ride within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Added a new and beautifully crafted holster to my stable...this one for those special occassions where IWB holster or lower riding OWB holster just does ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rusty Sherrick High Ride

Rusty Sherrick High Ride

Added a new and beautifully crafted holster to my stable...this one for those special occassions where IWB holster or lower riding OWB holster just does not fit the situation. Rusty makes some of the tightest, double stitched horse hide holsters I've come accross. This one works well with the miniscule Glock 26:

It all comes down to going down the dark holes after monsters. Thatís what itís all about; when everyone else is huddled around the campfire, somebody has to go out and fight.

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Looks nice, any issue with the Glock being top heavy? I've noticed that with my shorter barreled guns when I undo my belt to answer natures call that I have to keep a hand on the rig to keep it from up-ending. It looks like the bottom edge is wide enough to prevent much flopping.

I've been researching rigs for my HK P7 and have been looking at various hi ride, 0 degree cant rigs.

JD: I, too, was worried about flop...but this holster seems very stable with my reinforced Beltman belt. Also...I think it just works with the G26 very well because the slide/barrel is definitley longer than the grip...although it does have a double stack mag. I am not sure I'd try this with every weapon...but this combo works nicely for me.
    It all comes down to going down the dark holes after monsters. Thatís what itís all about; when everyone else is huddled around the campfire, somebody has to go out and fight.

This is the highest ride holster I have found on the market. Others clain "high ride", but this is the highest I have come across. I did get a Mitch Rosen high ride - but not even close to this one. Looks great. I am going to order one.

Very nice!!! I am using a Rosen UPL but I really like the Rusty Sherrick holster. What was his turn around time?

Administrator
    That sure is a "high ride" for sure.

There is almost no gun below the belt line....with a "must have" good stiff gun belt that should work out just fine.

orangehole: After finding a number on his web site...I called...and he personally answered...kind of cool. As for turn-around-time. So long that I do not even remember ordering...honest. At least three months or so. I did not care as I have many holsters for each of my weapons...and, good crafted holsters just seem to take longer. Law of supply and demand methinks. I love the end result.

Well 3 months is really not very bad. i was expecting longer. I may have to place an order with him. I do not own any leather made by Sherrick but I have heard good things about his work

That High a ride.....does the zero-cant make it anymore 'akward' to draw from?

I'm always looking for a 'higher-riding' holster but I find the 0-cant a little 'funkey' to draw.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I find it surprisingly comfortable...funny thing too, as I have a touch of tennis elbow in my right arm. Again...this holster seems to be a good match with the mini/baby pistols out there...not sure it would work with every pistol. I think it would be ideal for a snub nosed revolver, e.g., 642 as well.

4 of the High ride models like this I've found:

"Rusty model" you show here
    Bulman
    Mitch Rosen: UPL and UPL Express

Quote Originally Posted by orangehole View Post
    I do not own any leather made by Sherrick but I have heard good things about his work
    I now have a belt by him, plus a combo mag/light carrier (all horsehide, of course, as that's all he does). Excellent quality throughout. The Sherrick horsehide belt is actually a little better finished than my Beltman horsehide (more consistent color in the dye).

Quote Originally Posted by CornstalkCop View Post

Bulman
    The Garrity's Stead-fast is like this, though not quite as high rise:

Garrity's Gunleather - Belt Holsters

Great looking holster...nicely boned...enjoy!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by CornstalkCop View Post

Bulman
    The may claim high ride - but none are as high as the Rusty model. I have the Mitch Rosen UPL - and it is average (with regard to the high ride - quality is great)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links