Raven Concealment Phantom for G19...WOW!

This is a discussion on Raven Concealment Phantom for G19...WOW! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have to say...this holster is excellent. Got a mag pouch and a OWB/IWB holster for my G19. The holster holds the gun so tightly ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raven Concealment Phantom for G19...WOW!

Raven Concealment Phantom for G19...WOW!

I have to say...this holster is excellent. Got a mag pouch and a OWB/IWB holster for my G19. The holster holds the gun so tightly against my body that I don't even need to carry it IWB and can easily use an XL T-shirt and go OWB. Just amazing! Pictures below

I highly recommend these...simply outstanding quality. The fit is very tight...very secure when holstered. Needs to be worked in a bit for the release but a firm tug and it's out.

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

2. Remove Ads

I thought about trying one, but it's just soooooooo ugly.
    You'll rock, with a 357 Glock

Quote Originally Posted by Spike32 View Post
    I thought about trying one, but it's just soooooooo ugly.
    looks mean jack when it's a concealment holster. I don't typically go around showing off my shiny new holster to everyone I meet. This isn't a fine watch or something.

It fits tight, holds the gun close, releases fast, is thin as hell, and feels very durable when you handle it.

Sure it's nice to have some leather, with shark or rayskin trim and when you wait a year to get it you get the "ooh's" and "ahh's" from the crowd. However, once you conceal your weapon looks go out the window. Plus I kinda like Kydex for it's no maintenance factor. The only thing I do to kydex is spray a very light coat of silicone on the inside and let it dry. Then it's gtg for a long time. Water resistant too.

Honestly, this holster is as comfortable as my MTAC and maybe more so because the MTAC has a piece of leather that sticks down below the muzzle. That piece of material pushes up and drives the weapon into your side when you sit. It does for me anyway. This one is flat on the bottom with a wide support section so it doesn't move.

That's my take on it. I like these holsters, but I'll admit they aren't for everyone, nothing is. I could never see shoving a 1911 into one of these.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

freakin love mine... IWB for my M&Pc and it disappears... secure, fast, perfect fit, IWB or OWB.. Love it.

Even on a skinny lil bastid like me.

---------------------------------------
    www.GeorgiaCarry.org Member
    ---------------------------------------

Nobody is supposed to see it.

Ugly holster for an ugly Glock......no one will see either one...until it's necessary.

Actually, looks like it COULD work.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Looks like my Scorpion in a way. I love my kydex next to my skin with my G27 or G19! I might give this one a good look. IWB/OWB? Interesting indeed! Thanks for posting!

I purchased a Raven holster for my G30. Quality of this holster is great. But for inside the waist the holster sets the gun too high above the waist line for me. I'll use this holster for a range holster.
    I am not knocking the holster and I would recommend it to people who like their gun up a little higher than I like.

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    I purchased a Raven holster for my G30. Quality of this holster is great. But for inside the waist the holster sets the gun too high above the waist line for me. I'll use this holster for a range holster.
    I am not knocking the holster and I would recommend it to people who like their gun up a little higher than I like.
    It sets the gun around where a Milt Sparks VM2 would. The cant is set at 11deg or so by default but if you wanted to adjust that, they make tuckable IWB clips pictured below that allow you adjustment of cant and ride height. Even with these, an MTAC would be able to sit lower and I believe Crossbreed as well. I love the Raven though. Selling my MTAC.

One note, since this holster is so thin, and the gun sits so incredibly close to the body when worn IWB, the gun riding slightly higher is not an issue for me. WIth my MTAC I sometimes felt it flop a bit. This is for 2 reasons. 1) the Raven has a wide base that makes it stable. 2) the MTAC has a thicker material (leather) that pushes out and away from the body relying on your belt to hold it in.

-Thomas Jefferson

Love mine. Purchased for the xd sub compact. Great choice.

Still messing around with the best position for the mag holder. I think so far I prefer it to be somewhere around 9:00 because it doesn't press hard into my back when I sit down that way.
    -Thomas Jefferson

BAC
    Been pimpin' them since my dad got one for his G17. I don't think he even messes with his Safariland holster anymore. Great product.

-B

I just placed an order for one about a week ago, they said it's about a 30 day back log. I've heard great things about the Phantom. If it works out I may have to put up my Kytac Super Hooper for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixgunner View Post
    I just placed an order for one about a week ago, they said it's about a 30 day back log. I've heard great things about the Phantom. If it works out I may have to put up my Kytac Super Hooper for sale.
    I'm sure you'll love it. Just remember this...if it's too hard to draw from get a can of silicone spray and give it a light blast on the inside of the holster. Let it air dry a minute and give it a try. I guarantee it'll be lightning fast and easy then while still having great retention.

Their claim of 30 days is pretty spot on. Earlier I ordered one for an HK45 and they claimed 20 days and I got it in 17. Then the one for my G19. Quoted 25 days and it shipped right on day 25.
    -Thomas Jefferson

The loops on the back look a little thick. Not in height, but from where they attach to the holster to where they would make contact with your pants. Does the holster wobble around at all? Do they make them for 1 1/2" and 1 3/4" belts?
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links