Defensive Carry banner

The Beltman

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Paul Gomez 
#1 ·
Just wanted to give a plug for The Beltman. I ordered myself a belt on Christmas day and received it in the mail today. Very short period of time, especially if you consider the holidays! The belt is of very good quality, very stout :) and well made. Thanks!

#4 ·
As I've never done this before I'm not sure if it's going to work. Or if the pictures are going to be very good, I have a cheesy old digital camera. But attached should be two pictures of my spiffy new belt from the Beltman and my Advantage Arms .22 conversion for my Glock 23 that just came today.

:)

#7 ·
I really like to see on the body pics of holsters belts ect. It gives me a much better idea of how it will ride and if it is something I would be interested in trying. Just saying this for holster makers, the sight listed above has a real nice IWB holster pictured on the body I can see that it fits snug to the body yet doesnt look uncomfortable. However none of the other holsters are pictured on the body unless I missed something. they all look like great holsters! wish I could try some on. Just a suggestion.

Many Thanks Trigger

#9 ·
Approximately how thick is the leather? Thanks

#11 ·
ron8903 said:
.25 thick
Thanks, thats what I was looking for. I have read alot about a good gun belt being 2 pieces of leather mated together. Can you notice a division in the leather across that .25"s where it is obvious that 2 pieces of leather were sewn together? (making it double thickness)

Thanks again.

#13 ·
Jim Speidel, www.thebeltman.net, offers some very nice gunbelts at very reasonable prices.

In addition to what is shown on his site, he offers a horsehide outer/bullhide inner belt, as well as shark/bull and elephant/bull options.

He'll also add a thin piece of plastic reinforcing between the layers, a la The Wilderness CSM belts for $10 and, if you prefer the 3/4" spacing, 7 hole design, that is available as a free variation [over his regular 1" /5 hole spacing].

I have an 1.25 wide dress belt that is part of my Sunday-Go-To-Meetin' get-up, along with a horsehide straight drop A-IWB holster and a Kramer mag pouch.

#14 ·
Paul Gomez said:
In addition to what is shown on his site, he offers a horsehide outer/bullhide inner belt, as well as shark/bull and elephant/bull options.
Those options would be for looks? They wouldnt have any effect on the stiffness/durability of the belt would they?

Paul Gomez said:
He'll also add a thin piece of plastic reinforcing between the layers, a la The Wilderness CSM belts for $10 and, if you prefer the 3/4" spacing, 7 hole design, that is available as a free variation [over his regular 1" /5 hole spacing].
Thats good to know..I think I might be calling him in the near future.

#15 ·
R.E.Lee said:
Those options would be for looks? They wouldnt have any effect on the stiffness/durability of the belt would they?
Generally, shark,elephant and horse are regarded as as stronger than cow or bullhide for a given weight. For most, it's simply a matter of pride of ownership and having a more distinctive belt.

I've had a hankering for an elephant hide belt for a while.:embarassed:

#16 ·
Paul Gomez said:
Generally, shark,elephant and horse are regarded as as stronger than cow or bullhide for a given weight. For most, it's simply a matter of pride of ownership and having a more distinctive belt.
Do you know how much extra he charges for the more exotic materials? (I checked the site but didnt see any kind of pricing)

I will probably just go with a Cordovan 1.5" belt to match my new VM2..but wouldnt mind knowing the pricing and seeing pics, if you have any, of the more exotic leathers..

#17 ·
While cleaning up, I discovered a catalogue from TheBeltman.

Sharkskin belts are available in black only and run $79.95 for 1.25-inch and $99.95 for 1.5-inch wide blets.

Elephant hide run $129.95 and $149.95 respectively.

Better late than never, I suppose.:embarassed:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.