Kimber TLE/RL II Holster

This is a discussion on Kimber TLE/RL II Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok so after much debate i have decided to get my dream gun. I am getting the Stainless Tle/RL II but an wondering about a ...

Thread: Kimber TLE/RL II Holster

Senior Member Array Hydrashok Glock's Avatar

Kimber TLE/RL II Holster

Ok so after much debate i have decided to get my dream gun. I am getting the Stainless Tle/RL II but an wondering about a holster. Now i completly know the gun is heavy and has a rail but it is a fun gun and i want to have the posibility to carry if i want. I normally get my holsters from K&D but he doesnt have a dummy gun for the model. So i need to go with a different option. I was looking at the Crossbreed supertuck but was wondering about the kydex scratching the frame.
    Anyone have a TLE/RL II and carry it? What holster? Is it comfortable?
    Thanks in advance.
    The choices you make today define you of who you are tommorow

When you see the light at the end of the tunnel your life is not over..... it is just about to begin

COPS Protective Services

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    While I do not have the gun you're getting, or a holster that you're considering, I will say that you really don't have much to worry about regarding holster wear from leather OR Kydex on a stainless gun as there really is no finish, you will see some marks that looks like scratches, but they won't be gouges, and anything really major can be buffed out.

The weight difference of a railed 5" steel frame 1911 an a non-railed 5" steel frame 1911 is minimal.

Most good quality holsters will do the job, just make sure you have a quality belt to go with it.

I carry my 5" steel frame gun in a Milt Sparks VMII, my wife carries her 4" steel frame gun in a TT Gunleather IWB that is very similar to the VMII.

I prefer leather as I find it more comfortable and I find the overall shape of the rig more appealing as it's an even mass, instead of a Kydex "bump" on a piece of leather, that being said the only Kydex holsters I've used have been from BaldeTech and I wasn't overly impressed.

I've read a lot of good reviews on the Super-tuck and I think it's a viable option, I don't ever plan on tucking a 5" 1911 so that's one reason why I haven't paid more attention to the design.

The following is taken from the website:
    1) All CrossBreed Holsters now come with a LIFETIME warranty in addition to our
    2-Week-Try-it-Free gaurantee!
    With perks like that, I may have to take a better look at the product as an alternate method of carry for my P7.

Senior Member Array Hydrashok Glock's Avatar
    wow thanks for the help. Very informitive. The one thing that stinks about the whole whing is that it does have the rail. I want the rail because......well i want the rail. but that makes holster selection very limited, esp since all i have is leather IWB and that is what i want. I know i should prob not the the rail because.... what will i need it for, but this gun will be my last for awhile and i want to have something i can work with. Surefure rail light, compensator, grips, ect.... The second gun i ever shot was a kimber custom and i fell in love with them and i said i was going to get one. Now can but selection sucks, not to mention the price.
    The choices you make today define you of who you are tommorow

When you see the light at the end of the tunnel your life is not over..... it is just about to begin

COPS Protective Services

Links