Pearce Grip Extension

Pearce Grip Extension

This is a discussion on Pearce Grip Extension within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok so i just went down to my favorite gun shop and decided to snoop around. I decided to pick up a few things; surefire ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pearce Grip Extension

Senior Member Array Hydrashok Glock's Avatar

Pearce Grip Extension

Ok so i just went down to my favorite gun shop and decided to snoop around. I decided to pick up a few things; surefire x200 for the G19, extra G19 mag making 5 total, Desantis Nemesis for the 642, saddle shell holder for the 870Tac, and a pearce grip extension. And after telling the wife about my outing i get the " (Eye roll) Oh great, good for you."
    Ok well my question is that i wanted just a finger extension without the +1 because i heard the +1 can cause rattling. Is this true? If so can you fix? I dont mind going to buy another one without the +1 it just it is a nice idea to think about having 1more round. Thanks as always.
    The choices you make today define you of who you are tommorow

When you see the light at the end of the tunnel your life is not over..... it is just about to begin

COPS Protective Services

Grip extension

I have put the +0 extensions on all 7 of my mags for the G36. I wanted a better grip for concealed carry. The G36 is a single stack,and it only holds 6 rounds. Personally, I felt an extra mag or 2 will work better for me,rather than 1 extra round in the mag. I gave the +1 a try and didn't like the added grip length.Never heard it rattle with the +1. I just ordered 4 +0's for my G30. You may take into consideration the extra length it adds to your mags,if you conceal carry.

VIP Member

+1 on the +0 (??)

I also have +0's on all my G36 mags. I tried the +1 and also didn't like them for carrying concealed. IMHO it's not worth the extra length for one more round. The +1 also doesn't work with the Scherer plug I've installed.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

The "+x" extensions have a nasty habit of popping off on you as they age, too. The +0 don't seem to (mine have not), but I have had a couple of "speed unloads" with the +1s and +2s.

If you just have to have extensions, go with Grams, Dawson or Arrendondo. Both come in +1, +2, +3, and +5.
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

jfl
    I have had the +2 on all my G-26 mags since the sunset of AWB; no problem; it sure helps the handling !
    Before I had the +0, good too.
    Another option is the "next size up" mag such as a G-19 for the G-26 with the sleeve, or without if you want a dual purpose mag.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

If you're adding length to your grip, why not just go to a G19 in the first place? The barrel length is no issue in concealment. You'd have a higher capacity gun with more reliability, better velocity, and a longer sight plane for accuracy.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Last week I dropped my Glock 26 with the + onto the carpet picked it up and placed it into my safe next thing I hear is twang and things bouncing around. The + plate popped of the mag and sent the ammo flying. Had all the pieces so I put everything bck together. Lost a little confidence in the + plate.

I'd never use that mag again. Right into the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    I'd never use that mag again. Right into the trash.
    Amen

My +1 Pearce extensions for my G27 never rattle. I've been getting away from the 'pinky' extensions anyway.

i found out that if you dont load the mag all the way meaning 11 rds insteaad of 12 then you wont get the rattle.....thus negating the +1. Also i didnt want the +1 for it anyway he just gave me that one without asking me and i dont want to take it back because he needs the 9 bucks more than i do. I just figured i buy another. And lastly i do carry my 19 in the winter and all but the weight and feeling of having a smaller gun is very nice sometimes. Thanks again guys

When you see the light at the end of the tunnel your life is not over..... it is just about to begin

COPS Protective Services

A G19 is too heavy for year round carry???
    I guess us steel 1911 carriers must be Supermen!

well no it not that it too heavy, but carry your 1911 for like 6 hrs and then put a jframe in the same spot.... amazing. I dont mind carrying my 19 actually i love it but i have found that i get much better concealibility out of the 26 than the 19 (duh) and the weight differance is noticable to me.

COPS Protective Services

You know, you don't have to load to the +1 capacity with the +1 extension. If you want, I'd send you one of my previously used, excellent condition Pearce +1's from my G27 mags if you'd like. These should fit the G26 magazines, but I wouldn't swear to it.

Ramrod thanks alot. I know i didnt need to because i was told it rattled but i just dont want to unstimulate the economy again.lol THanks alot for the help. Well i going to put the extension on soon and well see if it rattles. Thnaks again guys.

COPS Protective Services

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links