Sig 220 Carry holsters

This is a discussion on Sig 220 Carry holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey all, My new Sig 220 Carry is on the way. I'm beyond ecstatic. So, now it's time to start the journey for a holster. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig 220 Carry holsters

Question Sig 220 Carry holsters

Hey all,

My new Sig 220 Carry is on the way. I'm beyond ecstatic. So, now it's time to start the journey for a holster.

Although this may get me banned, I have to admit... on a daily basis, I wear pretty form-fitting, designer jeans with a belt. They aren't exactly comfortable, but they look good. Unfortunately, that leaves very little room for an IWB holster. I may be able to fit one, but I won't know until I get the gun and try shoving it down my pants

So, here is my thinking. I'm either looking for a holster than can be worn both IWB and OWB, or two nice holsters.

For the IWB holster, I keep hearing good things about the CrossBreed SuperTuck. Anyone have one for something similar in size to the 220 Carry?

For OWB holster, I seem to have gotten smitten with the Bluegrass Kit Carson holster. Any opinions on that? I've read numerous praises of the artist, but not many people who actually have one in hand.

Bluegrass also makes an IWB/OWB convertible holster, the Mason Dixon. It looks pretty nice, but I wonder if I should just stick with two separate holsters instead of going with a "compromise".

Thoughts? I am also considering the High Noon Skin Guard. Should I consider any other holsters? I don't want to wait 26 weeks for delivery, so some of the more popular choices are out.

Bluegrass Kit Carson OWB
    Just so members know what holsters you're talking about. DC members love holster PICs.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    When I had a P-220 Carry, it rode in a Milt Sparks Versa Max II IWB holster... it was very comfortable!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Administrator
    Matt Del Fatti created my Euro SIG/Browning 220 .45 OWB Rig and I absolutely love it.
    Matt is always really "booked solid" though - unless I order a holster from him and then he stays awake all night long making it so that he can ship it out to me "First Thing" the next morning before finally getting some sleep.
    Does not seem to matter how much I try telling him:...
    "Matt...really...you don't have to get my holster done the same day...I'm willing to wait Two or possibly even Three days for a Del Fatti holster!"

This is such a great OWB carry rig.

Unfortunately the wait time on a Milt Sparks Versa Max II is insane, over 26 weeks I believe. Even worse, I think what Matt DelFatti is not accepting any new orders, according to his site.

I just checked out UBG Holsters and the Phaetos looks pretty nice, with a 2-4 week wait time.

I really have no experience with holsters, so I'm going based on looks alone. I want something solid and in black leather (or similar black material), I'm not a big fan of natural or brown colors.

Administrator

Then here is one nice OWB from Side Guard Holsters.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

PM sent on a VM2 being available.

I currently have a TT Gunleather Slim IWB on order for my P220C and ordered a Mitch Rosen Premier owb for it a while back. The Rosen is the express version and received it in about 4 weeks. I highly recommend it...

new products
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    -- Sigmund Freud

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    UBG Regulator by Nate. For IWB, I have and like the MTAC, but for your, ah, fashion needs, the Supertuck (which is a bit thinner) might be worth trying---and I believe they have a generous return policy. So does COmp-Tac, of course, so you could easily try the MTAC.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Quote Originally Posted by kazzaerexys View Post
    UBG Regulator by Nate. For IWB, I have and like the MTAC, but for your, ah, fashion needs, the Supertuck (which is a bit thinner) might be worth trying---and I believe they have a generous return policy. So does COmp-Tac, of course, so you could easily try the MTAC.
    Just wondering... why would I go with the Regulator over the Phaetos? I'm trying to understand the functional/comfort differences of the two.

And yes, the MTAC does look nice as well. Dang it, I'm going to end up with one of each, ain't I?

A few weeks ago I received my 2nd Regulator from Nate. This one for my G30. The Regulator has the snap-on attachments that rap around the belt. Holster can be put on and removed without taking off your belt. The Phaetos is a pancake holster in which you thread your belt through the belt slots. Generally speaking, a pancake holster will pull the gun in the tighest against the body. Though most high quality snap-on holsters also do great job at that. The Regulator is a low riding holster. All a matter of preference, but I find snap on holsters to be more comfortable. All my owb's are either Alessi CQC/S, Mitch Rosen Premier, TT Gunleather Snap, or UBG Regulators.
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    -- Sigmund Freud

Sponsor
    Nice holster QK

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Administrator
    Hey...Thanks Brownie.
    It's exactly the rake that I wanted for behind the hip.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

For a VM-2 to fit the P220 railed Carry check out Lightning Arms Sports.

If Dieselnut doesnt mind, and passes on the possibly available VMII, I am interested Slimjim! (I dont mean to hijack the thread). And Im actually glad I found this b/c I was really betting on getting a VMII for my first holster, but apparently that wont happen

Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    If Dieselnut doesnt mind, and passes on the possibly available VMII, I am interested Slimjim! (I dont mean to hijack the thread). And Im actually glad I found this b/c I was really betting on getting a VMII for my first holster, but apparently that wont happen
    jbone, go ahead! I don't even have my Sig yet. Either way, as I said, I will most likely not have much spare room in my pants (heh, how many times can a guy truthfully say that? ) for an IWB holster. If I do decide on a VMII down the line, I'll check out Lightning Arms Sports.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    slimjim nailed it on the Regulator---snap-on convenience. For a snap-on, it does hold reasonably tight. It also does ride somewhat low, which I like, but YMMV.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links