Oddball question about belt sizing

This is a discussion on Oddball question about belt sizing within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wear my holsters IWB 99.9% of the time. I currently use a belt on the 37" hole when not wearing a holster and 38" ...

Thread: Oddball question about belt sizing

Oddball question about belt sizing

I wear my holsters IWB 99.9% of the time. I currently use a belt on the 37" hole when not wearing a holster and 38" when doing so. 38" is slightly loose when using a holster and sags a tiny bit. 37" is tight.

Would it be better to buy a 37" belt cut for 7 holes spaced 3/4" apart and then use 37 3/4" hole or should I buy a belt cut for 38" and use the 37 1/4" hole? Or should I get a 36" belt and use the hole at 37 1/2"? Which would be 2 holes from the center.

It's one of those things I am not sure of. Anyone have any tips about this? Don't wanna buy a belt only to have bought the wrong size.

Short version. When carrying IWB 38" is comfortable but a bit slack, 37" is a bit tight.

Scratching my head over the numbers. What's the quick way to size a belt for IWB? lol
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    37.5", of course!

Seriously though... I only use the Wilderness Instructor and Frequent Flyer belts when I wear a belt holster, and they are (for all intents) infinitely adjustable.

- Wilderness Tactical Products, LLC

37" hole...less pizza...

I like my carry a little tight...OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Go with the max numbers of holes, and if you're ordering a new belt, go one inch larger than the last one. Sooner or later, your belt will shrink. I used to use a 34", now I'm up to a 40". Damn things just don't last like they used to! Must be my magic closet. The same thing has happened to my t-shirts...
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I decided that 38" feels ok...walked around, sat down, stood up and whatnot it felt secure. Maybe it was just my first observation before some moving around.

I do have a wilderness belt but I found that I have to tighten it up more than is really comfortable to carry my gear and not only that but the part that velcros down is in the way of my holster or where I like to have my mag holder depending on which side I thread it.

Anyway...thanks for the replies. Got to thinking about numbers and confused myself a bit I think. I am going to order another belt anyway. Longer than my current beltman belt because as AZ Husker mentioned, we don't get smaller with age
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Links