What type/brand of holsters do you recommend?

This is a discussion on What type/brand of holsters do you recommend? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi, I just bought a sig sauer .22 mosquito, and am in the process of buying a Ruger kp89. the sig is so thin that ...

Thread: What type/brand of holsters do you recommend?

What type/brand of holsters do you recommend?

Hi,

I just bought a sig sauer .22 mosquito, and am in the process of buying a Ruger kp89.

the sig is so thin that I couldn't find a holster that it would fit. Admittedly, I didn't look at them all. However, what type do you recommend? I have a DeSantis Cosy Partner for my Beretta 9000s is to big for it (wide).

I'm not sure I want a cosy partner for the Ruger, I'm kind of intrigued by the paddle holster type. Does that print too much?

Any and all recommendations are appreciated. Thanks folks.

Greg
    Ruger P89 (9mm)
    Beretta 9000s (9mm)
    Beretta Tomcat 3230 (.32)
    Sig Sauer Mosquito (.22)

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I do not know of any other than a Fobus or Sig's own holster for it. I am sure that there are custom makers that will make you one but frankly for the purpose of a Mosquito the Fobus will work.

The Ruger will be easier to find simply by researching any of the major holster companies (Galco, DeSantis, Don Hume ect) and look at their inventory and find what you like.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

The sad thing about holster shopping is you never get to see the good ones. Gunshops stock mass produced, usually quite cheap holsters. Most are meant to fit a general size of gun. Junk. If the holster is not boned or molded to fit my exact gun, I don't want it. That's why you have to research the custom guys, pick out the features you like, and trust them. Every one of us has bought an Uncle Mikes or Fobus in the past, but very few of us have ever purchased a second one!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

While there are some great holster makers on this forum, I have always preferred Fist holsters. I have lots of them.
    When you find something that is of good quality and works for you...you stay with it.
    I like the Fist product, delivery is pretty quick, and none of the last 2 dozen+ have been anything but great.

Now Fist doesn't make those exotic trim holsters, and some of the great looking/extremely expensive types sometimes pictured within these threads, but they make a quality holster that work well.

Stay armed...use a quality holster...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    I found a Blackhawk size 8 at Bass Pro that actually fits the Sig pretty well.
    Since my 22's are for range duty, I don't see any good reason to spend for a "custom" holster. As long as it protects the weapon, I'm good to go.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

For a carry holster, the MTAC. Hides very well and comfortable for all day wear.

Check this guy out. He doesn't show your pistols on his site, but says he will consider acquiring new ones.

His work is excellent, and his turn around is still reasonable. I have several pieces from him, including 2 of his OWB Regulators. I carry a DW Commander in this model virtually as concealed as an IWB holster. Great stuff.

index

Not sure why this doesn't show right, but the link works. This is UBG Holsters.

Good luck.
    "You're already flying upside down. You might as well turn on the smoke and have some fun."
    - Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival"

Take a look at High Noon Holsters. They're very good and they stand by their work.
    Keep emotionally active. Cater to your favorite neurosis.

Holster

Quote Originally Posted by gvhorwitz View Post
    Hi,

I just bought a sig sauer .22 mosquito, and am in the process of buying a Ruger kp89.

the sig is so thin that I couldn't find a holster that it would fit. Admittedly, I didn't look at them all. However, what type do you recommend? I have a DeSantis Cosy Partner for my Beretta 9000s is to big for it (wide).

I'm not sure I want a cosy partner for the Ruger, I'm kind of intrigued by the paddle holster type. Does that print too much?

Any and all recommendations are appreciated. Thanks folks.

Greg
    Check this site out

The Cowboy and Shooters Supply : Inventory, products, shop our on-line store. Home Page

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer Glide View Post
    For a carry holster, the MTAC. Hides very well and comfortable for all day wear.
    Or if you want to save a bit - the Spartan, basically a less fancy MTAC. Mine is very comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by gvhorwitz View Post
    Hi,

We have that casting and have many holsters for the Sig Mosquito. Some of them wet molded to the gun, like this one. Slide Guard You will not find many holsters in the concealed carry market being made for it.

Justin
    High Noon Holsters
    www.HighNoonHolsters.com

thank you

A very big Thank You to all who gave me these ideas. Now there's a to choose.

Be Well,

Greg
    Ruger P89 (9mm)
    Beretta 9000s (9mm)
    Beretta Tomcat 3230 (.32)
    Sig Sauer Mosquito (.22)

The Only paddle holster I own right now is a fobus........and it's regulated to keep my sidearm at home while stored off-body, quick trips out, and a spare for my truck. It works but isn't a quality carry holster.

I do, however, love the convenience of the paddle design, quick and easy on, off. I've always got an eye out for another 'quality' paddle.

For holsters in general, it boiles down to what you need and application. A tuckable IWB (MTAC, CrossBreed) is perfect for all day, comfortable 'deeper' concealment (like say, a work or overly 'public' enviroment where 'dress' must be considered) . A good, quality, leather-crafted OWB holster is overall great for carry and easily concealed, comfortable, and easy to wear. From there you've got many choices for more 'pointed' applications....sholder holsters, belly holsterd (smartcarry), ankle rigs, etc, etc, etc.

Know exactly what you want to do, how your gonna dress, and what you need. Then narrow down your search

Don't forget to save a little for 1 or 2 quality gunbelts as well.......they do make a diffrence.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

The most concealable Paddle Holster I have found is the Kramer MSP Paddle.

I own four Paddle Holsters, one Fobus, two Blackhawk and the Kramer. The Kramer is my favorite, maybe because it's Horsehide and not "plastic".

For ease of use I like a Paddle, but they are not my favorite for concealability.

Biker

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    Nossar and Alessi for me.

Links