Blackhawk

This is a discussion on Blackhawk within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; They do revise their designs and when I talked to their rep at the SHOT show he was deeply interested in what I liked and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blackhawk

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    They do revise their designs and when I talked to their rep at the SHOT show he was deeply interested in what I liked and didn't like about the Serpa for my 229. the issues I had were being addressed in their next revision. I liked their interest in what the customer said. I also commented on the on the Knoxx stock issues with the Mossberg guns and they took notes as well. Then I went to the Sig booth and was reminded what total disinterest to customers is.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    I am with you on this.

Your finger is lined up with the slide of the gun, not the trigger, just like you would have it after drawing from a non-retention holster.

You might as well ban thumb break holsters also, or people wearing t-shirts during class since both have contributed to lots of NDs.

Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post
    Ugh.

They bought the excuse their student gave them for their ND. I have trained under three instructors. All three carry the Serpa and recommend it to their students. It's how I decided to buy mine.

If we applied the same standard - two ND's = a flawed design, then I would argue that few or possibly no holsters on the market would be safe. Plenty of people have had ND's (or AD's if you want to be nice to them) drawing from many different manner of holsters.

If you've used a Serpa holster you know that a correct draw from retention places your finger against the frame above the trigger guard, not in the trigger guard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links