Blackhawk

This is a discussion on Blackhawk within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone own a Blackhawk cqc iwb holster and if you do, do you like it? Im thinking about buying one of those for a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackhawk

Blackhawk

Does anyone own a Blackhawk cqc iwb holster and if you do, do you like it? Im thinking about buying one of those for a g27.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    As in SERPA? I love mine. I don't use it to carry concealed, but it has its purpose and serves well.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

I was unaware that Blackhawk made an IWB CQC holster.
    Bend the knees, smooth is fast, watch the front sight.

They do make an IWB but I'm not familiar with it. The CQC is actually a paddle/owb convertible SERPA holster. I have one for my XD45 and absolutely love it.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    I just picked up their pancake holster, seems pretty nice, although I would prefer a sweat guard on it.

Administrator
    I havent been overly impressed with anything Blackhawk just yet. The Serpa's are OK, but I think there is better out there in the same class of holster.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    Thats because you Poleece are awfully hard to impress.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Thats because you Poleece are awfully hard to impress.
    Oh thats not true... I'm easy to impress, just not favorably.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator

The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I have a blackhawk serpa holster but not for conceal carry. It is a good holster for the range though. I do not have experience with their iwb holsters though.
    MsXD9

[B]"When seconds count police are minutes away"!

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I havent been overly impressed with anything Blackhawk just yet. The Serpa's are OK, but I think there is better out there in the same class of holster.
    Can you please give some examples because I was considering a CQC but I'd like to see some good alternatives before I make a purchase.

BAC
    I believe a couple trainers won't permit them SERPA holsters in their classes anymore because the design is a safety hazard (apparently doesn't lend itself to easily drawing under SHTF stress, where you're more likely to press with the tip of the finger than lay the finger along the length of that release button). We've got a Safariland with ALS and it's a great holster all around (though the Raven Concealment gets more face time).

-B

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    I believe a couple trainers won't permit them SERPA holsters in their classes anymore because the design is a safety hazard (apparently doesn't lend itself to easily drawing under SHTF stress, where you're more likely to press with the tip of the finger than lay the finger along the length of that release button). We've got a Safariland with ALS and it's a great holster all around (though the Raven Concealment gets more face time).

-B
    Ugh.

They bought the excuse their student gave them for their ND. I have trained under three instructors. All three carry the Serpa and recommend it to their students. It's how I decided to buy mine.

If we applied the same standard - two ND's = a flawed design, then I would argue that few or possibly no holsters on the market would be safe. Plenty of people have had ND's (or AD's if you want to be nice to them) drawing from many different manner of holsters.

If you've used a Serpa holster you know that a correct draw from retention places your finger against the frame above the trigger guard, not in the trigger guard.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

I used to carry a Blackhawk Serpa extensively off-duty. Then I noticed odd gouges and scrapes on the slide of my Glock. It turns out the kydex began to wear in two spots on the inside of my holster and actually began to scratch up my Glock. I will never carry one of their products again.
    Si vis pacem, parabellum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links