Carry options for wife---I've read and read and cant find anything decent?

This is a discussion on Carry options for wife---I've read and read and cant find anything decent? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wow, excellent ideas guys, keep em coming. Fanny pack may work if she's in a hospital. I'm thinking ankle carry would be best in her ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carry options for wife---I've read and read and cant find anything decent?

Wow, excellent ideas guys, keep em coming.

Fanny pack may work if she's in a hospital. I'm thinking ankle carry would be best in her office environment?

2. Remove Ads

I see medical personnel in scrubs using fanny packs on a regular basis, due to lack of a practical way to carry everyday necessities; a fanny pack is very practical. Instead of picking the typical “gunny sack” look for something with a little extra camouflage, this is what the wife has been using…

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...0/MVC-117S.jpg

I have seen pictures of a guy using a million Moms March" fanny pack for the ultimate in camouflage

Aus
    check Coronado Leather .com

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty HD
    Wow, excellent ideas guys, keep em coming.

Fanny pack may work if she's in a hospital. I'm thinking ankle carry would be best in her office environment?
    No way on the office ankle carry. Think she might be the topic of the water cooler if she happens to cross her legs in a meeting and her pantsuit rides up a bit to expose the piece? Probably not too good for the career.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Exclamation Purse has good points....if you've got the proper mindset

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty HD
    I thought of a purse carry, but if someone snatched her purse she would be up poops creek.
    I have a friend who is the former President of our IDPA club until she married the President of another club and the two clubs then merged. This lady is on the staff of a congresscritter and carries a Glock M21 45ACP. She's a GunSite grad three times: Pistol (two levels) & shotgun! She carries in her purse and has been in the presence of the son of a President before he became our Governor...Secret Service agents all over the place and they never knew she was armed.

Most good purses come equipped with a steel reinforced strap so that a snatcher can't cut the purse off the shoulder. The answer to not getting the purse snatched doesn't lie with the equipment, but rather the tactics of the user.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Sounds like she's in need of the Scandium Frame 38 series.........or a Kel-Tec 380 type..
    Light and easy to hide.. The two above mentioned handguns, might just fit the bill. With her wearing scrubs, she can slide either one into her waistband, then puffing out the top of her scrubs, thus hiding the handgun. OR.....where she might have the ability to wear the T Shirt type holster, as mentioned in an earlier Thread.. Might also work for her, as the scrubs are loose fitting.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

READ THIS

I posted this in another thread of the forum, but I'd like to extend the same advice to you as well!
    S&W 5906
    si vis pacem, para bellum

protego communis bona

Smartcarry

I am surprised no has mention it here. It is perfect for scrubs.

steve

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    With all do respect, I can't believe the opinions for a fanny pack. How can she walk around all day in the hospital wearing that? If she wears it into the building then what does she do with it? Unless she has a locker she can secure the weapon in, it'll need to be on her person. I also disaree with those who think a belly band is out of the question because the top has to be too loose and thus it's too revealing???? Not sure where that comes from as a modest top is simply pulled up to expose the belly band, no one reades in from the neck down.

The smart carry is a reasonable choice but it depends on the ladies size. If she's quite petite, it can be bit bothersome bending, crouching, etc, even with a KelTec .380, a setup I happen to have. Ankle carry with a small keltec would also be a possibility but I've never understood how you can sit naturally with even a j frame without printing unless you never cross the legs or have huge pants.

I think she's going to face the same challenges many face in office/professional environmnets where it's not easy to wear a cover garment.

Now, a BIG point is whether-or-not the scrubs are always tucked or out loose. If loose, the right IWB would work with a Kel-Tec but even a J frame loaded w/.38's would weigh down scrubs.

I've tried a belly band and think it would be perfect with loose fitting comfortable scrubs but mine is rather stiff and itchy.

Let's face it, if she's going to carry she'll have to find what works best but I do believe there is always going to be a trade off carrying a weapon with regards to comfortable.

As for tough, if you're going to carry you have to watch for folks putting their arm around your waste, etc.

I still haven't found an ideal way to carry but use the smart carry system the most when I'm in dress cloths without any cover garment. I think this would probably be most practical for someone in scrubs.

Thanks and God Bless!

Gideon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links