Carry options for wife---I've read and read and cant find anything decent?

This is a discussion on Carry options for wife---I've read and read and cant find anything decent? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello everyone. Just like mentioned in another thread, I finally have gotten my wife to apply for her CWP, and pickout a weapon and get ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carry options for wife---I've read and read and cant find anything decent?

Carry options for wife---I've read and read and cant find anything decent?

Hello everyone.

Just like mentioned in another thread, I finally have gotten my wife to apply for her CWP, and pickout a weapon and get into shooting. She's finally seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and realized she has NO way to protect herself against someone who wants to rape her or rob her. I was mean and graphic to her about what could happen, but it's the truth.

The problem lies in her dress code.

She is required to wear scrubs to work. Not sure how IWB will work here?

I thought of a purse carry, but if someone snatched her purse she would be up poops creek.

Ankle carry would be difficult I would imagine.

Her weapon of choice is a Glock 26. I may suggest he to persue other options for something maybe a bit smaller--but I prefer the glock for the reliability.

Any suggestions from the ladies?

Thanks for your help

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    I ain't no lady - but am thinking something like belly band, worn high.

Betty is perhaps the best one to advise here as she has IIRC several options.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Check out http://www.action-direct.com/234.htm. I am still in the testing process phase of this product. So far I am very pleased with it.
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

JT
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty HD
    Her weapon of choice is a Glock 26. I may suggest he to persue other options for something maybe a bit smaller--but I prefer the glock for the reliability.
    I'm not a lady either, but I am married to one.

G26 is a real good gun. If she needed to go a little lighter to be able to carry, a S&W 642 could be a good option.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Why does she need a gun when in scrubs? Scrubs indicates to me she is either a nurse or dental? Does she need to carrya gun on person while working? Are you looking for a carry method in scrubs from and too the car? Need more information please.

Do the scrubs get worn over anything? You might look here:

http://www.womensholsters.com/choosing.html

Good luck!

Scrubs to me says "Hospital" where she is most likely not allowed to carry a firearm. To and from the car may be different, but I would have her check her employer's policy regarding the firearms issue. Short of that, why only the Glock? If you are looking for ultimate concealment in a semi, then something in the Kahr MK/PM line might be something to consider. Smaller than the Glock and lighter if you go to the PM. Not to say the Glock is a bad handgun, far from it. But there are other handguns out there that would help her conceal if that was the ultimate goal.
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Excellent rock & glock---thanks

She does not work in a hospital. She works @ a doctors office, and does HR/policy books, etc. Policy books have nothing about firearms/weapons and shes keeping hush about that.

Here as far as I know, according to the statues you can carry in a hospital, or anywhere else except a few places. The signs on the doors mean nothing ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty HD
    Excellent rock & glock---thanks

She does not work in a hospital. She works @ a doctors office, and does HR/policy books, etc. Policy books have nothing about firearms/weapons and shes keeping hush about that.

Here as far as I know, according to the statues you can carry in a hospital, or anywhere else except a few places. The signs on the doors mean nothing ;)
    Awesome! As long as you know the rules and laws concerning the carry, then get the best thing that fits and feels good. In NH, myself and my wife can carry anywhere except for a courthouse. Everything else is fair game. I unfortunately cannot carry at work since our dept. SOGs strictly forbid it (for now).
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Lead Moderator
    seems a belly band holster or holster shirt would be about all that would work. Unless she went to and ankle or shoulder rig.

She could try a fanny pack I sometimes carry 45 in one plus it also works for carrying other things as well . merlin45kout

I'd look at the belly band type. I worked in a M.D. and three of us (including one doctor) carried. Ankle holster might work. I belive the kel-Tec .32/.380's also have a neck attachement/holster.
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child might have peace."
    - Thomas Paine

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    I was going to say belly band, but it seems that I was beat to the punch. Also consider Smartcarry.

If she wears T-shirts under her scrubs, maybe one of those T-shirts with the built in holsters.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

From someone who has carried in scrubs: Fanny Pack. They are extremely common, and low-profile on someone in this particular uniform. Unless she wears a top that is fairly loose (as in loose to the point that most women would not be comfortable with, given gapping in front when she leans forward) a belly-band would be horribly slow and awkward, also, given that women are more "touchy", and given the close quarters in many offices, there is a greater possibility of a co-worker seeing/feeling something out of place.

The dual-zipper weapon compartment will open more quietly, but the velcro with pull-the-dot snap is less visible. In an office environment (if something were to happen) I would suggest the zipper closure, as she will be less likely to have the covering noises more common to the ED. Spend good money for a good bag-particularly with fanny packs- "cheap" can be dangerous.

Edit to add: One more thought, against the belly-band. They require the ability to reach through, up under, or down into, the shirt to access the weapon. Again, a scrub top that loose will provide a glimpse of more than fine scenery. Trust me.....

I use this:
    http://www.kangaroocarry.com/

Although as several above have said would be difficult to access wearing scrubs.

I also use a DeSantis Gunny Sack (the junior version fit my Kahr PM9)

http://www.desantisholster.com/gunny...n-caddies.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links