Got my Bladetech Nano in

Got my Bladetech Nano in

This is a discussion on Got my Bladetech Nano in within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got my bladetech nano in - I was told it may be 4-6 weeks, but I got it in just over a week. So ...

Thread: Got my Bladetech Nano in

Just got my bladetech nano in - I was told it may be 4-6 weeks, but I got it in just over a week.

So far, like it a lot. I was using an Uncle Mike's IWB that is probably 10+ years old to get by until I got this.

Really like it. I got used to carrying the new USPc 45 IWB with that Uncle Mike's over the past week - I've always used a leather OWB holster since 1996, but I also had a smaller gun. I needed to go IWB to conceal something this size.

I've worn this holster for several hours now. I really like it.

I was going to get the Supertuck from Crossbreed - but after seeing what the holster looked like with an actual gun in it, I did not think I'd like to have that humongous piece of leather stuck against my skin. I'd rather just have only the holster. That's what finally made up my mind.

Last edited by JD; November 23rd, 2008 at 11:07 AM.

Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    I've worn this holster for several hours now. I really like it.

I was going to get the Supertuck from Crossbreed - but after seeing what the holster looked like with an actual gun in it, I did not think I'd like to have that humongous piece of leather stuck against my skin. I'd rather just have only the holster. That's what finally made up my mind.
    Shipwreck, the straps look like they are pretty close together. Does the holster stay in place as you move around with the gun holstered?
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Nearly bought one of these when they were on sale, wish I would have...give IWB one more try.
    What Would Gumby Do?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Shipwreck, the straps look like they are pretty close together. Does the holster stay in place as you move around with the gun holstered?

Yes, it doesn't move 1 bit. They are actually further apart on the Nano than they are on the standard Bladetech IWB model. If you go look at the pics of the 2 on their website - you'll see this.

Also, the straps have a set screw - you can adjust them to 3 different size belts (1.25", 1.5" and 1.75"). I put mine at 1.25". I like that adjustability, so there is no play between the straps and the belt.

I wore it from 2pm to 10pm yesterday, and have it on today for about 2 hours. I really like it. For a fullsize grip on the USPc 45 - it conceals very well! I also have a mag holder w/ an extra mag on my belt in front of the holster. I'm happy with the purchase, and with that Veteran's Day sale they had - it was at a great price!

I also like that the holster doesn't collapse when you remove the gun (Like the old Uncle's MIke's IWB holster I had been using this past week to get used to IBW carry again). And, the sweat shield is nice.

Before I got the holster in, I thought I may need to stick some felt patches on the inside of the holster - but it doesn't bother me at all. Only the USPc grip panels are a little rough against my side - but that's a gun issue, not the holster.

Glad you found a holster you like, shipwreck.

-Jeff-

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    I might look into ordering one of these as my next holster, judging by the pics, it looks as though it'd be comfortable to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    I might look into ordering one of these as my next holster, judging by the pics, it looks as though it'd be comfortable to wear.
    Yes, I just took it off for today - I've carried OWB for years - but man, this thing is comfortable.

Well, its been over a week - I have worn this holster every day. I REALLY like it. Obviously, since I didn't go with a Supertuck, I can't compare and contrast. However - I definetly do not regret my purchase

Checking for the long term update. Still loving your nano holster?
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Sponsored Links