Galco ankle glove?

This is a discussion on Galco ankle glove? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Whats your opinions on this ankle rig? I'm considering one for my model 42 lemon squeezer airweight....

Thread: Galco ankle glove?

Galco ankle glove?

Whats your opinions on this ankle rig? I'm considering one for my model 42 lemon squeezer airweight.

2. Remove Ads

There's some info that you may find interesting in this thread about the Galco ankle holsters. Just thought I'd share.

Ankle Holster and weapon - HandGunForum.net

-Jeff-

VIP Member
    I used an ankle holster for years while an LEO. The best ones I've used had the strap that goes around the calf just below the knee for added support like this one has. It takes a little while to get used to the weight, but it's not unbearable. I would only consider an ankle rig for a BUG, not as my primary carry OMO.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

I've worn a Galco Ankle Glove every day on-duty for the last 12 or so years. The wide band of sheeps wool backed neoprene and large amount of velcro makes it comfortable and secure. Before that I spent my first ten years wearing different over the counter models from Bianchi, Safariland, Desantis but that ended when I settled on the Galco AG. As a range officer I've recommended it to several hundred over the years and many swear by it's comfort and security.

I have an Ankle Glove on my right leg, in a "reverse draw" as I type this.

Two Ankle Holsters I recommend are the Galco Ankle Glove and the Renegade Ankle Holster. Renegade doesn't have a website, but if you Google Renegade Ankle Holster you should be able to find their phone number pretty easily. Hint, they are located in the Phoenix, AZ area.

The Ankle Glove is a good holster, IMHO. If it wasn't, I wouldn't use it. When driving it's faster and easier to wear the holster on my left leg, but if you've ever had someone sitting on your chest trying to kill you, you learn real fast that you can't reach the gun on your left leg with your right hand. That is why I wear mine like I do.

Take care and stay safe.

Biker

I had a custom Bulman and I sold it for the Galco Ankle Glove. I have the open top for my snub. It is by far the most comfortable ankle holster that I have tried.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Mine is about three years old and still is in great shape. I carry an S&W M638 in the winter months. Great access while driving with a winter coat and seat-belt blocks your 1911.

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Well, you guys are making me feel foolish.... about a year ago, I passed up a great condition used one on another forum. For a Glock 26 (got one) left handed (I am) and with the "optional" (mandatory I think) calf strap. I think it was $45 shipped! Sigh....

ETA, maybe now I'll buy one.... now, do I get it for the 26, or the lightweight SA Micro Compact 1911.... (most often carry a 1911, so....).
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Administrator
    If you are able to track down an Alessi ankle rig....buy it.

So maby someone can tell me why my Galco ankle glove feels like a torture device.

I know I have it wrapped very tight, but if I don't it feels like it's flopping around and going to fall off. I do have the calf attachment as well.

Also feel like it prints right through even the baggiest jeans I have.

What am I doing wrong?
    "You're already flying upside down. You might as well turn on the smoke and have some fun."
    - Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival"

VIP Member
    My S&W 640 isn't light but it carries quite well in my Galco Ankle Glove. I highly recommend it for your "lemon squeezer".
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Links