Crossbreed clip broke

Crossbreed clip broke

This is a discussion on Crossbreed clip broke within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My crossbreed IWB holster for my 1911 broke,the kydex snapped as i was removing it from my belt I called crossbreed expecting to pay for ...

Thread: Crossbreed clip broke

Crossbreed clip broke

My crossbreed IWB holster for my 1911 broke,the kydex snapped as i was removing it from my belt

I called crossbreed expecting to pay for a new set of adjustable clips.
    She looked up my order and said they don't make my holster type any more but I told her I modified it to make it adjustable.
    She said "OK, I'll send you a new set of clips in the morning.
    She didn't ask for any payment Talk about great customer service
    I would have no problem ordering another holster from them if I decide to get one for my SA XD9SC to carry when I feel I may need more than 8 shots before I reload
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I'm sure Mark from Crossbreed will chime in. They are currently working on metal clips. They definitely do have great customer service.

-Jeff-

They live up to the lifetime warranty. I am looking at getting a S&W 910 from a pawn shop in Plano and CrossBreed has a holster for it, so I'd be a 2nd time customer if I get the gun.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Just wanted to add this. I hope Mark doesn't mind. I stole this (his) post from another forum about the metal clips.

Quote Originally Posted by mtcraigco
    Heres some info I posted over at defcarry regarding this issue.....

Since realizing the failure rate of the R-52, (a material we tried instead of kydex for the clips...OOOOPs!) we went back to Kydex T100 and noticed an immediate reduction in the failure rate. That was good, but I want bulletproof, so we are moving forward with metal clips.

The tooling alone for this move will be about $10,000 but we are big enough now to swallow that and move forward with the improved clips. In the meantime we will continue to make the clips out of Kydex T100 (NOT R-52) which is much stronger and far less brittle than R-52. As soon as we can get the tooling done and the clips in production we will move to metal clips, that should be near the end of this year or the first of next. In the meantime any clip failures will (and always have been) replaced at a rate of two for one. If you call and say you broke a clip, we send you a new pair and the hardware, no charge.

With that said, please be aware our clip breakage rate is still not all that high, we are just committed to getting it to zero. To be honest, some folks have broken two or three sets and others have broken zero.

As to metal fatigue that is something we are looking at and will be going with a material that has good "memory" and low fatigue over time.

This was also posted in response to what we were going to do about the clips possibly rusting.

I'm a big fan, and repeat customer. So I'm not bashing, but I admit I too am interested in the last question that guy asked. (about the finish/material of the metal clips you mentioned.)
    When we know, you will know. We are in the prototype stage and then will need to move to getting the tooling made.

It's looking like 3 mos to get the first batch out, so I don't want anybody thinking this is something they'll see tomorrow.

That's pretty much the story regarding clips, figure on new ones being available around the end of the year or first of next. I expect the kydex to greatly reduce the problem (and already has) but am looking for the metal ones to eliminate it altogether.

For the time being we will only be making the snaploks out of metal as all the other clips styles are doing well as they are.
    It must be posted in another thread here...

ETA: This information from Mark is located in this thread:
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...r-company.html

+1 on Crossbreed's customer service!

-JT

Sponsor
    Thanks beefy, that's what I was gonna repost. Don't mind a bit.
    Peace
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

I had the same thing happen to my CrossBreed. I also got the same result. New set of clips sent to me free of charge. Mark and the folks at CrossBreed are great folks to deal with. I will NEVER own a differant IWB holster for any gun I carry. They made a customer for life with me.
    God Bless America!!

VIP Member
    + 1. 100 % for Mark and his Crew. I will also buy another Holster from CB down the road.

VIP Member
    One of my customers broke a clip, but Mark replaced it immediately with several more with no charge. Great service...great holster!
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Sponsored Links