Best IWB for a j-frame snubbie.

This is a discussion on Best IWB for a j-frame snubbie. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What is the most comfortable and most concealable IWB that you have for your snubnose? At what position do you carry it? I'm partial to ...

Thread: Best IWB for a j-frame snubbie.

What is the most comfortable and most concealable IWB that you have for your snubnose? At what position do you carry it? I'm partial to leather but all options are open.
    A man without a blackthorn stick is a man without an expedient. - Irish Proverb

Why so SERIOUS?

I have a JBP for that handgun, no thumb break. I don't use it, I'll entertain offers if interested. You can swap the belt clip for IWB, or OWB, left hand, right hand.

Of my models, Quick Clip is a great solution for Appendix IWB (or regular carry) and the Double Clip/Snap is good for 3 to 5 o'clock carry.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

I have a leather holster that I bought off of EBay from the user "theholsterstore". I believe he makes them himself. I love it, so much that any future holster I buy will be from him. Didn't cost that much either. My S&W 637 fits in there perfectly, and rides along so comfortably I totally forget it's there within a few minutes. I usually carry at the 11:30 position. I'll find and post a picture of it this afternoon when I get home from work.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

VIP Member
    I've got a Tucker Cover-up for J-Frame. It's sweeeet, but I waited 17 weeks to get it.
    I'd check with Fist. I've got the #14 which is OWB and IWB. I have 2 on order now and currently have 2 others. Very comfortable, affordable and decent turn around time.

I always look for the holsters with the clip offset from the cylinder! Lower profile. I wear appendix carry with the J- Frame.

This one really works well and has a strong and robust clip. It fits the bill in every way and "snaps" into the holster. Got it off ebay, says gun glove on it.

Ideal with limited amount of size, leather...Del Fatti:

I know this holster would be perfect because it is shaped like the Uncle Mikes flimsy plastic clip holster I've been using with success. It would be the quality leather upgrade to it.
    - You never need a gun until you need one very badly.

- Running is for people who don't have ammo.

As promised,

Super easy to conceal, durable (worn it daily for over a year), and not expensive. I bought mine for a little under $23, a lighter colored leather one (otherwise identical) can be had for a little under $20. Free shipping too.

SMith & Wesson J frame 38 CCW IWB LEATHER HOLSTER LT BN - eBay (item 270295238493 end time Nov-29-08 0817 PST)
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

The two I like best, and coincidentally, the two that I'm waiting for...

Alessi APX

Tucker Urban Impact

Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by MNBurl View Post
    Of my models, Quick Clip is a great solution for Appendix IWB (or regular carry) and the Double Clip/Snap is good for 3 to 5 o'clock carry.
    I love the looks of the double snap, you've got a PM MNBurl!
    Wreck'em Tech! Go Red Raiders!

I have the Signess!

Sig Sauer P225 Montage Suisse / Sig Sauer P238 / Sig Sauer P226 9mm CPO / S&W M&P9c

Pack a 340 M&P at 3:30-4:00 position. I love my FIST #19 I.W.B. with optional attachment package and optional added tension screw (probably not needed).

Untitled Document

I wear it most of the time between the belt and the pants rather than completely IWB - depending on the pants I'm wearing that day.

I got the leather. Great retention and took about 7 weeks.

Check out the #1 with or without a cant. Perhaps ultra thin kydex would wook well if you always wanted to wear it completly IWB. Moleskin would add to comfort level. Thinness of material would more than make up for the clip being centered IMO.

Concealco IWB at 4 o'clock and Don Hume 715, quick on a off the belt.

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar

Thumbs up

I used a Don Hume IWB with the metal clip right over the cylinder for years. Was always pushing it back into place as it rode up trying to escape my jeans. Called Eric Larsen at HBE Specialty Leatherworks and he recommended the ProTL and I ordered one for my 36. Carry it at 4:00 and the rig is comfortable and stays in place thanks to the offset clip which draws the revolver in tight. Here is a pic of one from Erics website for an auto. Mine was delivered in less than 10 days and IMO is fantastic. Happy shopping and have a great Thanksgiving!

Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Been wearing my Taurus Model 85 in a Raven Concealment ACR and love it.

The Raven ACR looks good It seems to be the up and coming new kid on the block.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I also like the AJ Concealco IWB a lot but would also say that a HBE Leatherworks COMIII holster with closed bottom is fantastic too.

Links