Little Bear Holsters!! GREAT PRODUCT!

Little Bear Holsters!! GREAT PRODUCT!

This is a discussion on Little Bear Holsters!! GREAT PRODUCT! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Let me start by saying, I am new to the forum and CC. I have been shooting since I could hold a gun with my ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Little Bear Holsters!! GREAT PRODUCT!

Talking Little Bear Holsters!! GREAT PRODUCT!

Let me start by saying, I am new to the forum and CC. I have been shooting since I could hold a gun with my parents who taught me safety. I got interested in CC after being involved in rescue during Hurricane Katrina, after going thru Katrina, Rita, Gustav, and Ike, I decided to get my permit instead of leaving my gun in the truck all the time.

I took my CCW class on Oct. 13, but had no idea on what holster I wanted. I knew I wanted something IWB and definately tuckable but what was best for me? I went back and forth between VMII and MTAC. Because I am the only one I know to take this serious enough to buy holsters and dedicate time to training, I had no one to give me first hand experience except you guys (thanks so much). I then recieved a msg from Dave at Little Bear Holsters. Dave offered to send me a holster, let me try it and if I liked it, buy it, or send it back only costing shipping. I didnt have anything to loose on this so I said sure. I recieved the holster in the mail and was VERY suprised. THIS THING IS BEAUTIFUL. I was worried after trying cheap holsters at the gun show and the butt of my 1911 sticking out so far it was obviously a gun under my shirt. when I put on this holster it disappeared! Thinking it may have been because of a heavier shirt I had on, I changed into a thin T-shirt to test this "concealed" theory. WOW, STILL NO PRINT! This beautiful piece of leather, with a gourgeous piece of shark pulled the gun into my side perfectly to hide it. I dont have my permit back yet, but have worn this around the house and to friends houses (with their permission) and almost forget I have a 2 pound 90 year old hunk of steel on my side! EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE! Wears very well sitting in the truck, in a chair to eat, lounging at the house, working in the yard. I am so happy with it, I have already sent a coworker to dave for her husbands holster, My mom liked it so much she wants to get her CCW and get one from him, My brother cant wait to see it and possibly order one since he has to "dress up" for his job. Overall, BEAUTIFUL WORK, great stiching, perfect trim, great fit, very slim, and fit my 1911 like a glove! I have found someone to make every holster I need. I now know first hand it IS possible to conceal a 5 inch 1911 comfortably. I cant say enough about his customer service either. I talked to dave for a while on the phone, He was VERY helpful in figuring out what I needed and what I wanted. Wonderful experience for a first time buyer. We continued to msg about building a tuckable double mag punch, and He has continued to make sure I am happy with my holster. WONDERFUL GUY!!

www.LittleBearHolsters.com

I am including crappy cell pics because my camera broke on me, and I am at work right now so sorry for the bad shots. If anyone has any questions on this holster or wants better pics please msg me. Man, its hard to take pics of yourself.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by optikal; November 26th, 2008 at 05:32 PM. Reason: add info
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."
    Ted Nugent

excuse the finish on the gun, 400 for a 1918 colt with a remington rand slide i couldnt pass up, completely reliable, just needs a new finish
    Ted Nugent

Nice.

Nice work Dave!!! Boy you must be burning through that beautiful shark quick lol.

Nice!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Optikal

Thank you for the kind words. Ironically, the holster was mine. Optikal and I got to talking and I told him he could borrow my personal rig to see if he liked it. After alot of thought, I decided if he dug it, he could buy it at a great price since it was used.

Anyways, it is far from my best work; I threw it together in a few days, during my lunch break, so I could have one of "my" rigs for my 5" 1911.
    And yes, I burned through a ton of shark. LOL. I am now burning through elephant due to the shark shortage. However, I stumbled upon some nice Mexican shark yesterday and bought all the guy had... finally. LOL.
    I hope you enjoy it Optikal. Wear it in good health.

Cheers.

thanks again Dave for the beautiful work, let me know wehn you get the mag puch worked out, then i have a challenge for you i thought up the other day i think will be VERY nice!
    Ted Nugent

optikal

Hey man, gimme a call. I always like hearng new thoughts and ideas. I don't like being stuck in the box.

Nice looking leather...I like the trim.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    optikal, have you thought about buying a lottery ticket? Most people aren't NEARLY that successful on an early holster. I'd say something is going your way.

Classic gun, too.

As always looks great Dave!!!

Optikal you are lucky most don't find what they want for some time and a few holsters...

i really did luck out to find a great holster early, i would, and will, recommend Dave to anyone i know or run across needing a holster....i cant get over the quality and service from him. i talked to him tonight about building a holster to mount on the center console of my suburban for long trips.
    Ted Nugent

Wellllllllllllllll.....I gotta give a "thumbs up" to Dave as well. I looked extensively online and read comments of the forum members. After considerable thought, I ordered MY "first" custom holster from him. Dave spent quite a bit of time with me on the phone, with me asking questions and him patiently answering. I appreciated his professionalism and concern for a "newbie". When all was said and done, I ordered. I just got word that my "rig" has been shipped so I should have soon after Turkey Day. It's an OWB for my Glock 26. I'm excited! I'll let everyone know when I receive it. And Dave, I'll be giving you a call soon thereafter. If all goes as I expect, I need one more holster and want to discuss "mag carriers". Hope all here on the forum have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY!!!!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

sgt, you wont be disappointed!
    Ted Nugent

Keep pushing for the tuckable mag holder!!!!

I bet he comes up with something sweet.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links