2008 Toyota Tacoma conceal carry

This is a discussion on 2008 Toyota Tacoma conceal carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've got a glock 23, and my truck has a center console with a side lift. The lid lifts away from the driver, so I ...

Thread: 2008 Toyota Tacoma conceal carry

2008 Toyota Tacoma conceal carry

I've got a glock 23, and my truck has a center console with a side lift. The lid lifts away from the driver, so I have quick and easy access to the contents. I would like a holster for my glock to fit neatly along the inside of the driver's side of the interior of that console. That way it is hidden from view, and rapidly accessible to me.

Couple of concerns. My console does not lock, so, if I happen to go into a place that doesn't allow conceal on my person, I want to leave (sniff) it in the truck. But, I don't want some fool breaking into my truck and walking off with my glock either!

Any good suggestions out there?

2. Remove Ads

Welcome

Welcome to DC.

This place only lists up to the 2007 Tacoma. You might call them and see if it will fit or how big of a difference there is. They may have an option compatible with your truck:
    Console Vault - Toyota

Or try one of these. They're also good people to deal with:
    Center Of Mass Central

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

I keep a Center of Mass safe in my Pathfinder, but not for storage while driving. In fact, I only put my Kimber in that safe on occasions that my weapon is not allowed in a particular building. Other than that, my gun does not 'sleep' in my vehicle.
    I have found it easier to store the weapon (if not on my person) between the seat and console with a ball cap over it.

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Welcome. I have a locking center console in my Avalanche and I have attached a rubber plumbing fitting screwed to the inside of the box that holds my Glock just right.

Wow, thanks for all the input. I checked out the two websites that were suggested. I really like the cosole vault, however, just a tad bit more expensive than I had at first thought.
    The lock boxes are more my price range.
    What I really was hoping for was sort of a polymer holster that I could slide my pistol into, and then get a lock for the console lid. Like all locks, they just keep honest people honest anyway.

VIP Member
    Center of Mass makes a console vault that fits your Tacoma.

Console Vault Home
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I have that same truck and find it easier to carry at about 3:30 than having it in the console. The console does flip up real easy but after practicing both methods of draw I found that carrying on my person was faster. This is because I can keep my eye on the target and draw without feeling around for the weapon. with the console draw you have to feel for the latch then the weapon once the console is open. the extra second it takes to do this might be a problem.

The COM safe is a good value for securing your weapon when you have to leave it in the vehicle.
    NRA Member

Thank you for the insight. Mostly I was concerned about needing to leave it in my truck, rather than on my person. I'm thinking that while I am actually driving (unless on a long road trip) I would just leave it in my side holster - or even between the seat and the console.

Hopefully, i will never need to draw while in the truck (or any other time actually) :) So, mostly I just need a secure way to lock my gun up.

It's really a legal thing. On the off chance some fool breaks into my truck and/or steals my truck - I want to be able to prove that I have done everything that a "reasonable" person would do to safeguard my weapon from falling into the wrong hands, i.e. the criminal element.

I have one of those console vaults in my 2007 Toyota Tacoma. See my post here.

Overall I find it to be worth the approx $290 I paid for it.

I just looked at the Toyota website and the consoles of the 2009 models look exactly the same as they do in my 2007. I'd bet that the same console vault would fit it as well.
    Life Member: Grass Roots North Carolina, GOA | Member: NRA
    Carrying: Springfield Armory XD(M) .40 S&W | Kel-Tec PF9

yeah, I'm seriously contemplating spending a few more bucks to get that vault. Instead of one of those $30 bolt-to-your-seat-tracks kind.

I don't have one, but have looked at them quite seriously:

Kingston Car Seat Holster

I have a Ranger and there's no way it would fit in my pants. Sorry bad joke...

I get by pretty well with a combo of cross draw or ankle holsters, then locking in COM safe if I have to disarm. I too found console safes to be out of my spending range (as nice as it would be to have one).
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

mount the blackhawk serpa inside the console .

Links