Smart carry

This is a discussion on Smart carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK what about when you driving, is it still confortable?...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Smart carry

OK what about when you driving, is it still confortable?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I've carried various size guns in my two SC holsters. The shorter the gun, the more comfortable given my body shape and size. I have gotten a slight "bulge" in a weird place that no one noticed; the bulged was due to the gun's grip area.

Driving comfort to me was part and parcel due to the size of firearm I was concealing. Concealing my old duty SIG P229 was a bit uncomfortable in the driving position. Concealing my Kahr P9 Covert was not.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

one of my many holsters. the smartcarry is quite comfortable IMO.
    great for deep concealment,of course drawing and reholstering is
    a little slower but time and practice help.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    where to buy a smart carry holsters? Smart carrys are all the same, in the front of your pants??
    Maybe I can shed a little light here, as I own, and use the Smart Carry System (smartcarry.com). I carry a 1911A. I have no problems with this holster, unless I am wearing a belt. I'm over weight, and must pull a belt really tight to keep my pants up, and that just doesn't work with this system. Mostly I wear shorts with elastic waist band in summer, and sweats in colder weather. I bought the one with the compartment in the back, and I don't have to carry anything in my pockets. Usually just my cell phone and car keys. The pistol is never in the way when I sit, or stand, and sometimes I completly forget that I am wearing it. When in the car I usually just roll down the waist band to expose the pistol, easy to get to in a hurry, even with the seat belt on. If I were at my normal weight I don't know how well it would work, but if you can wear loose fitting pants without having to pull your belt tight, it should work just fine. Getting to the gun while sitting poses no problem for me as the waist band just pulls away from my body with my left hand, while the right hand grips and removes the gun. As someone else said, reholstering the gun takes a little longer than with a standard leather holster, but then, you don't need to be in a hurry at this point anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
    I have the Smartcarry, an am considering using it for a full size 1911. As I am right-handed, it would ride with the thumb safety against my body. Would any of you have safety concerns about accidental discharge? I have read that these concerns are unwarranted with the multiple safety systems, but it still worries me. Thoughts?
    Don't let it worry you! Your gun won't accidentally discharge just because the thumb safety is off. Been carring my 1911A for over a year in the Smart Carry System, and have never had the safety move to the fire position.
    Y'all be safe now, ya hear!

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by C4 MAX View Post
    I like mine, after I cut half the width off of the back! The stiff part on the velcro would dig into my waist. I am going to replace it with more of the elastic and a smaller piece of velcro.
    If it was cutting into your waist, you are wearing it too high. It needs to be worn low on the hips.

Lon

I tried and it kept riding up. Works much better now with my adjustment. I like to have it a little higher anyway, grip of the gun just behind my belt just to right of the junk. Makes drawing much quicker IMO.
    G23 for me and a G26 for my bride.
    AR15 for backup

I tried and it kept riding up. Works much better now with my adjustment. I like to have it a little higher anyway, grip of the gun just behind my belt just to right of the junk. Makes drawing much quicker IMO.
    It's all good as long as it works for you. As a sufferer of WBBS (white boy butt syndrome), I have to wear mine TIGHT on my hips to keep it from sliding down. Still, its comfortable to wear, if I could keep my pants UP! Cant stand the homeboy look!

BTW, just notice you are in AZ, where at? I'm in Spring Valley (about 50 miles n of PHX).

Lon

Down near Goodyear west valley off I-10. No homie look for me, just tubby white guy look.
    G23 for me and a G26 for my bride.
    AR15 for backup

Down near Goodyear west valley off I-10. No homie look for me, just tubby white guy look.
    Yep, that's my problem, my gut tries to push em down, and there's no butt to push em back up!!!!

I've only been carrying for a few weeks, but I love mine so far but I don't see how you guys can stand anything bigger than my glock 26 in it. Any bigger and I dont think I would like it

The only problem I have is, um, answering the call of nature. It still gets in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by KralBlbec View Post
    I've only been carrying for a few weeks, but I love mine so far but I don't see how you guys can stand anything bigger than my glock 26 in it. Any bigger and I dont think I would like it

The only problem I have is, um, answering the call of nature. It still gets in the way.

I've not tried my G19 so I cant speak for how it might be. As far as the call of nature, even if you don't need to sit down, do so. When you sit, pull the smart carry up around your chest, do what needs to be done, and then pull it back down when you stand up.

Lon

I have one and I like it. I does provide good concealability. I switch up between IWB and smartcarry every so often...

Thanks

Don't let it worry you! Your gun won't accidentally discharge just because the thumb safety is off. Been carring my 1911A for over a year in the Smart Carry System, and have never had the safety move to the fire position.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate the reassurance, I am going to go for it with the 1911. Wish me luck, not a lot of room for error given where it's pointed

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I think that one of the greatest attributes of the Smart Carry is one that's rarely discussed, and that is you can wear the SC at 1 o'clock, or any where else. You could even spin it around and wear it as a small of the back holster.
    I like to use it with my Glock 19 because the 19 has a rather long grip. I wear it @ 4 o'clock, with just half the grip sticking above my belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    How comfortable is it?
    Very comfortable. I love mine for deep concealment.

By the way, I just noticed that the OP's status below his screen name is EX_MEMBER???

Does this mean he has asked a Mod to delete his membership. I don't remember seeing that before.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links