Smart carry - Page 4

Smart carry

This is a discussion on Smart carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SpizyChicken Does anyone have a Smart Carry for a Sig 228 or similar? How does it work for a larger gun? I'm ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Smart carry

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpizyChicken View Post
    Does anyone have a Smart Carry for a Sig 228 or similar? How does it work for a larger gun? I'm not bragging about my piece size, but it's larger than some of them. LOL
    M&P 45fs, Crimson Trace LaserGrips, Insight XTI Procyon in a SmartCarry holster with a spare 14-round extended magazine. I have been carrying that way for nearly 9 months. I added the ClipDraw so that I could carry it IWB at 10 o'clock while driving.

Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Quote Originally Posted by boricua View Post
    In my case (job, attire, body) the two best options to carry are the Smartcarry and an ankle holster. I purchased the smartcarry for my Glock 27, but the grip printed a little on my Dockers, plus I think that i got a little self-conscious. I decided to carry my S&W 442 in it instead and the G27 on my ankle.

The SC is more suitable for my Airweight revolver, but I would carry my baby Glock in it if I had to.To me it is comfortable enough that I can work 8 - 10 hours per day, mostly sitting at my desk, without any complaints.

I do have to do minor "adjustments" when I stand up by sticking my right hand in my pocket and pushing down on the grip to move the whole package down. I like to wear it low (very low) because the gun disappears and adds to the comfort factor.

So far I am very pleased with the Smartcarry, plus it was delivered within a week and Charlie is a great guy to deal with.
    Dont let the printer affect you. No body can tell and they shouldn't be looking there anyway.... right?

I've been smartcarry(ing) for 3 years now and love every minute. However, I would like to try IWB sometime soon.

Best testimonial I can give. Which picture am I NOT wearing my Smart Carry?

Smart Carry and Crossbreed Supertuck both arrived today. Put both on with my Glock 26 and the Smary Carry was very comfortable. Sitting here now in my recliner with an old tight pair of jeans and I can hardly tell it is there. Very nice, affordable, and simpe product. Guess I am going to have too play with the Cross Breed a little bit to make it comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by JAT40 View Post
    Lots of threads on SmartCarry. Bottom line is your holster drawer needs one.
    haha Thats a great post right there. For me thats exactly where it would end up.

Though it may work for others, I cant think of any scenario where I would use one.

Yeah, there is no scenaro where Id use it.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    Though it may work for others, I cant think of any scenario where I would use one.
    Understand that every person has one that fits better than oters, however I sense outright contempt for the Smart Carry. Why? Also how do you carry in summer wearing shorts? I like the lightweight microfiber technical shorts that have no belt. Thus the Smart Carry will fill a bill that IWB cannot.

I think people overlook that fact that the SmartCarry is perfect for around-the-house carry. I know many of you just take your gun with you to whatever room you're in and set it down, but to me that seems like a lot of unnecessary work. I keep my SmartCarry either in my around-the-home pants, or actually outside them, at 3 o'clock in both cases. I have a spare mag in there and my tactical light hangs next to it. I forget it's there 95% of the time, but it's ALWAYS with me, and I don't have to worry about forgetting it if I have to run outside for whatever reason.
    Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Quote Originally Posted by concealed View Post
    Understand that every person has one that fits better than oters, however I sense outright contempt for the Smart Carry. Why? Also how do you carry in summer wearing shorts? I like the lightweight microfiber technical shorts that have no belt. Thus the Smart Carry will fill a bill that IWB cannot.
    Shorts? Easy, put it in the front pocket. I wear cargo shorts. I can put the P11 in there in a pocket holster or use the clip (I dont use the clip)

Even with shorts I could wear a shirt that conceals OWB.

Nah not really contempt. I say use what you're comfortable with. For me, the smart carry is not the way to go.

Carry how you wish but just carry.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    Carry how you wish but just carry.
    Now that we can agree on!

Quote Originally Posted by concealed View Post
    Now that we can agree on!
    +1

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rmarcustrucker View Post
    Best testimonial I can give. Which picture am I NOT wearing my Smart Carry?
    1st answer: In the last one, the pic of you in uniform?

2nd answer if 1st is wrong: None!

Purely guesses. I can't see a thing.

Wore Smart Carry yesterday, and the Crossbreed Super Tuck tonight. Smart carry was the most comfortable, however the CB would have the quickest draw time hands down, and isn;t too uncomforable. For me it is the Smart Carry at home in my PJ's (flannel short or longs), or douring summer when in my microfiber shorts. Other than that it is the CBST.

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    1st answer: In the last one, the pic of you in uniform?

Purely guesses. I can't see a thing.

You win the prize. Some have tried using smart carry to carry their BUG, but have found that with thick belt and duty rig it's darn impossible to get your hand down your pants fast enough.

Brings up another point. Draw from this deep concealment is VERY slow. I'm talking the best I've gotten is about 1.5 -2.65 seconds. (revolver is fastest, fallowed by full sized XD 45 and then Glock 27 is slowest.) That is with it in it's proper place, not just an inch or so below the belt line. My rig sits about 4 inches below the belt line for me and getting hold of the pistol is about 70% of the time. I might be able to increase my speed but I've been practicing for years. Safety is much more important then speed to me.

It's a down side to this style of carry, but stealth is so high that I can't beat it. I tried ankle and it was slightly faster, but the problem with that was stealth was lost and the motions are very noticeable when obtaining your weapon. With the Smart Carry being set up right at the bodies mid line it's just about the perfect set up I've found. Just my humble opinion.

Well it is almost 80 degrees in Hampton Roads today. I choose to take down the outside Xmas decorations and got to sweating. Took shoes and shirt off and put on a pair of my gray elastic band gym shorts. Put on Smart Carry with my Glock 26 and wore all day outside. I really did forget I had it on till I bent over to pick up something. Neighbors came over, and a Police Officer stopped by to watch my son ride his new dirt bike and no one said a thing. Now keep in mind, NO ONE knows I carry but my wife, and she did not know I was wearing it with gym shorts! I am very pleased with this product, based on the way I plan to use it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links