Fist K5 for Colt Mustang 380

This is a discussion on Fist K5 for Colt Mustang 380 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just wanted to give a mini review for the K5 for the Colt Mustang. I received my holster in less than a month even thought ...

Thread: Fist K5 for Colt Mustang 380

Just wanted to give a mini review for the K5 for the Colt Mustang.

I received my holster in less than a month even thought the website said 4-6 weeks. Appearance wise, the holster isn't much to look at, but then how can a heated and formed piece of plastic be sexy?

It fits my Mustang well, although I expected a bit more retention. My pistol will slip right out. Actually, I think this is a good thing, although I will likely break out the hair dryer and try to tighten it up just a hair.

The holster makes the pistol ride extremely well in a front pocket. The position (in Wrangler jeans) is perfect for easy gripping and drawing of the weapon. The thumb push works perfectly, although as loose as the holster is to the weapon, it might not really be needed. Another plus to the thumb push that it likely unique to the Mustang is that one motion with my thumb both pushes the holster away from the weapon and swipes the safety off (I certainlly would feel more comfortable if the Mustang had a grip safety as well).

The Mustand carried in my front pocket in jeans does print a little, but the print doesn't look like a gun, but more like a fat wallet. It, in fact kind of matches the bulge in my left front pocket from my cell phone and 2 spare magazines. Anyone know of a good pocket mag pouch?

All in all, I would have to recommend the Fist 5K for anyone looking for a good pocket holster for a mouse gun. The only thing remaining to be seen is how is feels in the hot weather with a piece of kydex against my leg, but that will have to wait for summer. Looking at the holster, you might think that the thumb push would be uncomfortable, but I can't even feel it.

YMMV

Lon

Another winner here...

I have been talking about the Fist pocket holster for many moons. Only one other forum member has recently discovered the effectiveness of this Fist pocket holster of perfection.
    Doesn't print...
    Thin...
    Won't tip in the pocket...
    Hugs the thigh...
    Thumb push ensures that the holster stays and the gun comes out...
    Easy one-hand reholster...

And yes, hold it over a blow torch for a few moments (a few moments and a bit away), and hand squeeze loose area to 'easily' tighten it.

Stay armed...discover the Fist #5K pocket holster...stay safe!
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; November 30th, 2008 at 09:58 AM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Just got a leather #5 a few weeks ago. Aren't they great? I will say that mine holds my Kel-Tec firmly. I just turned it upside down and can shake it hard and it doesn't come out. I'm like you I would get the hairdryer out. I did that to my Super-Tuck and it worked just fine. I like a tight holster myself. Anyway, glad you like it so far!
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Another winner here...

I have been talking about the Fist pocket holster for many moons. Only one other forum member has recently discovered the effectiveness of this Fist pocket holster of perfection.
    Doesn't print...
    Thin...
    Won't tip in the pocket...
    Hugs the thigh...
    Thumb push ensures that the holster stays and the gun comes out...
    Easy one-hand reholster...

And yes, hold it over a blow torch for a few moments (a few moments and a bit away) to 'easily' tighten it.

Stay armed...discover the Fist #5K pocket holster...stay safe!
    I swear that you were on the payroll at Fist retsupt99. You do sure love them. Have to bow in your presence though as you put me on to them. ha! I like a guy that knows exactly what he likes and tells others about it whenever he gets the chance.
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

Links