Blackhawk SERPA

Blackhawk SERPA

This is a discussion on Blackhawk SERPA within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey all! Just got my SERPA holster tonight. Looks sharp and clean lines. Initial impressions after wearing and trying the paddle and belt slot options. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackhawk SERPA

Lead Moderator

Blackhawk SERPA

Hey all! Just got my SERPA holster tonight. Looks sharp and clean lines. Initial impressions after wearing and trying the paddle and belt slot options.

The holster holds tight to my body, even with the paddle attachment. The mount system gives lots of options for cant angle. This holster secures the gun nicely. It is way superior to the Fobus holster I have. The paddle feature hooks may hold a bit too much. I have removed the screw on hooks for not. (I couldn't remove the paddle with out dang near taking off my pants!)

I have a great feeling for this holster. Will post another write up, once I have used it for a while.

Looking forward to your review of the SERPA, as I have been considering the purchase of one.

look forward to a update after you have wore it awhile

Rocky,

I've found that the belt attachment holds the gun a little tighter against the body, for me. This gives me better concealment.

But I still prefer the paddle, so I'll be able to remove it while in my truck and hide it, should I have to go into a "no-carry" zone.

But I'm still just carrying around the house, waiting for my CCW to get here. . .

One thing I didn't notice at first and really should have, was the adjustments on the belt attachment that lets you fit the thing to different belt widths. I discovered that makes a real difference.

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Assistant Administrator
    Be great to have a review and - please, some pics on body if you can Rocky.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

If this is a duty holster, Rocy, be careful. (Safariland is still a tough act to follow.)
    http://www.totalprotectioninteractiv...lackhawk+serpa

Quote Originally Posted by Rob72
    If this is a duty holster, Rocy, be careful. (Safariland is still a tough act to follow.)
    http://www.totalprotectioninteractiv...lackhawk+serpa

Got to be a member to read it

But let me guess this is the guy who is saying its a bad desing becuse they couldnt get the gun out after something go in the holster and then they yanked it off the guy and left the belt loops?

I couldn't read the link either, but I know that there have been numerous accidental discahrges with this holster due to the trigger-guard locking mechanism. Apparently it's very prone to an AD if not drawn and reholstered at exactly the right (for that holster) angle. Several of the top notch training schools and ranges around the country will not permit this holster on their range. And I've talked to a few of these instructors and they do not feel it's a training issue or operator error but rather a hardware/equipment problem.
    "He who makes things with his hands is a laborer, he who makes things with his hands and his head is a craftsman, he who makes things with his hands, his head, and his heart is an artist."
    www.garritysgunleather.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Garrity
    I couldn't read the link either, but I know that there have been numerous accidental discahrges with this holster due to the trigger-guard locking mechanism. Apparently it's very prone to an AD if not drawn and reholstered at exactly the right (for that holster) angle. Several of the top notch training schools and ranges around the country will not permit this holster on their range. And I've talked to a few of these instructors and they do not feel it's a training issue or operator error but rather a hardware/equipment problem.
    Wow thats some Scary but good info

I'd like to know how you like the SERPA after carrying with it for a couple weeks. I was torn between the SERPA and the Comp-Tac, but bought the Comp-Tac yesterday for my Glock 17.

I heard in my CCW class that SERPA is coming out with a totally new SERPA design early this year. The instructor was sworn to secrecy and could not talk about it, but said it will be worth the wait.

Lead Moderator
    Rob72, can you cut and paste the info? At least the highlights? I have heard a few complaints about the SERPA holsters, but cannot imagine how the holster could cause the gun to fire. I feel as long as I maintain correct trigger disipline , I will not accidently AD my gun. So far ,I have seen no info that could directly be blamed on the holster.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky
    Rob72, can you cut and paste the info? At least the highlights? I have heard a few complaints about the SERPA holsters, but cannot imagine how the holster could cause the gun to fire. I feel as long as I maintain correct trigger disipline , I will not accidently AD my gun. So far ,I have seen no info that could directly be blamed on the holster.

Wonder if its the glock's going Boom

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    Wonder if its the glock's going Boom
    Honestly, I can not see the Glock short trigger even being set off by a reholster , but then again , I do not own a Glock either. I did hear of 2 cases of Glocks firing out of the SERPA holsters, but the poster seemes anti SERPA and quite biased.

Must be finger on the trigger while reholstering?

Need more info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links