Hate the paddle (even as a kid)

This is a discussion on Hate the paddle (even as a kid) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a paddle style double magazine holster, and I hate it, but I also need it when I travel to the cities. It goes ...

Thread: Hate the paddle (even as a kid)

Hate the paddle (even as a kid)

I have a paddle style double magazine holster, and I hate it, but I also need it when I travel to the cities. It goes on fine, however anytime I want to just take it off my belt it's so stuck on.

I hope you all could give me a piece of advice from your experience with this type of holster with getting it off. Or maybe modifying it a little bit.

Thank you!

Semper Fi
    1st Combat Engineer Battalion - Pistols Ruger P44, Baby Eagle .45, HK45 Full Size

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    I have the Galco version of that (along with a Yaqui Slide paddle holster), paddle looks similar.

What is probably catching when you try to remove it is the waistband of your pants. I'd suggest un-doing your belt, and trying to slip your fingers between the paddle and the fabric of your pants to get it past the waistband. I also sometimes find it helpful to get one side started and rotate it out.

I would NOT recommend modifying the paddle, as it may then not stay in place when you want it too (which is 100% of the time except when trying to remove it). If worst comes to worst, undo your pants to remove the paddle (you're doing this where no one can see anyway, right?).
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    If worst comes to worst, undo your pants to remove the paddle (you're doing this where no one can see anyway, right?).
    Yeah, that is what I usually have to do, un-do my belt.. and the theme "pardon me while I whip this out" echo's in my mind.
    1st Combat Engineer Battalion - Pistols Ruger P44, Baby Eagle .45, HK45 Full Size

I have a Galco Paddle Holster and double mag holder (which I don't use very often)...I had to learn to slip my fingers down in between the plastic grips and my pants, tip sideways, and then lift...a pain in the but.
    Now with my Fist holsters (with a clip), I've solved the 'get it off problem'...now it's one hand removal.

Stay armed...practice makes it work...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Now with my Fist holsters (with a clip), I've solved the 'get it off problem'...now it's one hand removal.!
    How about a link buddy, I'd like to see what that looks like.

Lead Moderator
    The "ears" of the paddle are most likely grabbing the belt as designed. Maybe play around with it at home,maybe try twisting the paddle to remove it?
    Not sure who makes that holder, but I have no problems with my Gould and Goodrich paddle mag carriers.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Push in on the leather of the holster towards the bottom thus puhing the "teeth at the bottom away from your waistband and belt and then pull up and maybe youll have to tilt the butt of the gun just a little forward while pulling up.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Links