Holsters at gun show?

Holsters at gun show?

This is a discussion on Holsters at gun show? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Going to a show this weekend and was curious if I could expect to find a decent holster?...

Thread: Holsters at gun show?

Holsters at gun show?

Going to a show this weekend and was curious if I could expect to find a decent holster?

hopefully the Kramer leather booth will be there they are always at the ones here. And it would depend on how big the show is, some states don't bring a lot of money in so they skip the smaller shows.

Hopefully will find something good. There are two shows in two different locations in the same weekend! life's choices...
    The one I will probably go to is in Dothan, AL.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Depends what "decent" means to you. Some gun shows I've been to have flat holsters that they sell "carnival style". I'd stay away from those. Pretty much, if they're not molded, stay away. Also, if it holds a pager or cell phone, just say no.

Nate
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Been very rare that I see a decent holster at a show. Of course IMHO, a decent holster is generally weapon specific, and it's unrealistic to stock holsters for a lot of different weapons and lug them from show to show (maybe a Glock or a 1911). Even then, the gun show crowd is more often bargain seeking, so you are much more likely to run into the guy with a million multi-fit nylon holsters (yeah, I'm sure some like them) and the flat clip on leather jobs (again, generic fit).

Like Nate said, "Pretty much, if they're not molded, stay away." And what that implies (to me anyway), is go for quality. Pick up one that is made to your order. Made for you. And your weapon. It's hard to beat a quality holster. If you're serious about carrying, it's worth it's weight in gold. But it doesn't cost like it is. These guys do a lot of work on a pretty small margin. Have a look at a few of their sites (like Nate's!) and imagine the number of hours that go into the holster. The costs of materials (and tools!). The skill to do the work. Doing the math, these guys aren't getting rich. Most are barely being paid what a typical craftsman can earn working for someone else. They do it because they love their work. Doesn't that sound like what you want holding your defensive arm?
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    I've found several holsters at gun shows. They were no great bargains, but offered a huge selection. The brands I've purchased are Galco and Mitch Rosen, both highly reputable. I advise you take the firearm(s) with you to "test fit" each holster you're interested in.

I like the Wild Bill holsters, in general, especially the IWB tuckable. Grandfather Oak is often at the shows as well.

We have a local vendor that sales a lot of galco and bianchi holsters,and sometimes you might find a used bargain laying in a holster pile
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I only buy fitted 'boned' holsters for a specific gun. If that happens to be something I find in a gun shop, show, or from another gun enthusiast...so be it.

Stay armed...only fitted holsters for me...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead79 View Post
    Depends what "decent" means to you. Also, if it holds a pager or cell phone, just say no.

Nate

What Nate meant to say was, if the holster is Pal's with a cell phone or pager, just say no

As for finding a quality holster at a show, it really depends on the show, around me one of the regular show's tends to have a larger number of private sellers as opposed to just commercial retailers, and you will see all sort's of (used) stuff in varied condition and can (usually) find some good deals.

The other show with the vendors being mainly of the commercial variety, tend to have the typical Uncle Mike, Fobus, No name nylon type stuff then anything of real quality, so the likely hood of finding a good deal is slimmer.
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

Sponsored Links