IWB Belt

IWB Belt

This is a discussion on IWB Belt within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK so I'm getting an IWB holster and need a belt to go with it. I hear Beltman is good- but they look so freaking ...

Thread: IWB Belt

IWB Belt

OK so I'm getting an IWB holster and need a belt to go with it. I hear Beltman is good- but they look so freaking hardcore- do I really need that much belt? Does it make any difference that I'm carrying IWB?

Thanks.

Carry Gun: HK P2K

Need more info. Leather or nylon?

Well I assumed leather was the way to go... oh also do these 1.5 inch belts fit in dress pants?

Don't know too much about the leather belts as I don't find any of them particularly to my liking (style-wise), but as far as nylon ones:

My favorite: the Wilderness Instructor
    - Wilderness Tactical Products, LLC

5.11, Blackhawk, other manufacturers have the same/similar version. Very casual, not a great choice if you wear a suit to work.

1.5 belts are a bit wider than a typical "dress" belt, but I think most pant loops can accommodate this width.

yeah, sorry not a big fan of the nylon

Beltman offer several styles and finishes and all are excellent. 1.25 will fit most dress pants, 1.5 will fit most jeans. I use both. Yes, you will need a decently stiff belt to support your gun.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    The belts look hefty and they are. They are definitely not too much belt, though. I wear one all the time, gun or no gun. With the HK, I'd definitely get a good belt. Unless you're wearing fine silk Italian dress pants with small belt loops, you'll be fine with the belt. I've only seen one pair of pants that wouldn't fit a gun belt, and let's just say, I wouldn't wear them.

Beltman belts are great. If you're getting a custom holster, might as well get the belt from the maker of the holster, too. It'll match in color and save shipping. Several makers use the same steer/bull hide that the Beltman uses (without advertising it), so you don't have to worry about not getting that aspect if it's an issue. Just ask the maker.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Beltman belts are fairly dressy. The 1.5 inch do well with dockers and jeans. I imaging 1.25 would go well for more dressy situations. Having a good, double thick gun belt makes all the difference in the world in carry comfort and security.
    You'll rock, with a 357 Glock

Quote Originally Posted by NRATodd View Post
    Well I assumed leather was the way to go... oh also do these 1.5 inch belts fit in dress pants?
    Get a leather 1.5" belt and you'll be all set. Have worn mine with dockers for the last 8 years.. and that's working for a bank. I know what you're thinking, "it will look out of place because it's too big". No way, not even my best friends have mentioned it and you're only talking about 1/4 of an inch difference here but it makes a huge difference when carrying.
    Allen

-"I may get killed with my own gun, but he's gonna have to beat me to death with it, 'cause it's going to be empty." -Clint Smith

Just be warned,once you buy one "BELTMAN",you'll find reason to buy a few more. These are the nicest belt I have ever owned.

yeah i'm leaning toward the Supertuck but their belts don't look like anything to write home about which is why i am leaning toward Beltman. Then again the Supertuck to be honest looks really cheap but everybody seems to like it so maybe looks can be deceiving....

Like another post states, I typically buy the belt from the holster provider, along with mag carrier. There is not shortage of good makers out there.
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

Just can't go wrong with the beltman. I've got one and I keep itching to get another.
    "In God we trust, as for the rest of you... keep your hands where I can see them" - Unknown

yeah it seems crossbreed doesn't taper their belts- i have a gut- so i'm thinking this is important if i'm getting a 1.5" belt

if you have one why would you need another?

Sponsored Links