Defensive Carry banner

Anyone used this?

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Matt Del Fatti 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
have any of you used this holster, if so how do you like it, i've heard good reviews from one person that said its awesome so i just want to get a few more opinions
the braveheart

anyone?

#3 ·
Can't say that I've ever heard of that holster maker. Comp-Tac makes a holster almost identical to it though, and I'm willing to bet they use thicker Kydex. Most of the people on this forum will vouch for Comp-Tac's quality and customer service. If you are interested in that style holster I would go with Comp-Tac.

Comp-Tac : Products

#6 ·
Company name is KyTac? Claims to be "the original' and talks of sub par copycats. Interesting claims, does anyone know anything about this company, or how long they've been around?

The similarity with the name CompTac is very telling. The question is, who is copying who? :smoke23:

#9 ·
Some years ago, KyTac was getting lots of positive feedback on the forums and in the gun magazines. Their Braveheart, in particular, was noted by many as a great IWB kydex holster design. I believe it predates the Comp-Tac Gurhka.

As I recall, the major problem prospective costumers had with KyTac was a lack of or spotty response to inquiries and slow deliveries. I don't recall any issues with their quality.

FWIW, I see in an article on Tactical-Life.com that KyTac is the holster that Dave Sivigny uses for competition.

#10 ·
that you are right. he made the design for that holster and comptac decided to use it to. i know the guy and he makes each holster when its ordered, its not mass produced like comptac, that can lead to a little bit slower delivery times, but from what i've heard his quality is awesome

#14 ·
I don't really have an issue with who designed it and who's copying who, as the saying goes "I don't have a dog in this fight". I do have an issue with the deceptive post with ulterior motives. :scruntiny:

#15 ·
no if you were paying attention, i asked if anyone has used either one. i kno the guy, not a good friend of mine or anything like that, but i do know the guy. i had read that others had copied his design. the reason i made the thread was to see if anyone has used this holster or even the comp tac one bc im lookin at getting one, so please dont come in here and accuse me of having "ulterior motives"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.