Anyone used this?

This is a discussion on Anyone used this? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; have any of you used this holster, if so how do you like it, i've heard good reviews from one person that said its awesome ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone used this?

have any of you used this holster, if so how do you like it, i've heard good reviews from one person that said its awesome so i just want to get a few more opinions
    the braveheart

anyone?
    Last edited by JD; December 10th, 2008 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

2. Remove Ads

Sorry can't help you much on this one.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

Can't say that I've ever heard of that holster maker. Comp-Tac makes a holster almost identical to it though, and I'm willing to bet they use thicker Kydex. Most of the people on this forum will vouch for Comp-Tac's quality and customer service. If you are interested in that style holster I would go with Comp-Tac.

Comp-Tac : Products
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by spooter66 View Post
    Can't say that I've ever heard of that holster maker. Comp-Tac makes a holster almost identical to it though, and I'm willing to bet they use thicker Kydex. Most of the people on this forum will vouch for Comp-Tac's quality and customer service. If you are interested in that style holster I would go with Comp-Tac.

Comp-Tac : Products
    and that one is cheaper, has anyone used that one on here?

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WLJohnson05 View Post
    and that one is cheaper, has anyone used that one on here?
    I use a Comptac C-TAC. Several here use one. It's fantastic.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Company name is KyTac? Claims to be "the original' and talks of sub par copycats. Interesting claims, does anyone know anything about this company, or how long they've been around?

The similarity with the name CompTac is very telling. The question is, who is copying who?
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

I have the Comp-Tac Gurhka for my Saxd .45 and I love it. Never heard of Kytac before.

sorry,can't help ya on that one good luck to ya.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Some years ago, KyTac was getting lots of positive feedback on the forums and in the gun magazines. Their Braveheart, in particular, was noted by many as a great IWB kydex holster design. I believe it predates the Comp-Tac Gurhka.

As I recall, the major problem prospective costumers had with KyTac was a lack of or spotty response to inquiries and slow deliveries. I don't recall any issues with their quality.

FWIW, I see in an article on Tactical-Life.com that KyTac is the holster that Dave Sivigny uses for competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Del Fatti View Post
    Some years ago, KyTac was getting lots of positive feedback on the forums and in the gun magazines. Their Braveheart, in particular, was noted by many as a great IWB kydex holster design. I believe it predates the Comp-Tac Gurhka.

As I recall, the major problem prospective costumers had with KyTac was a lack of or spotty response to inquiries and slow deliveries. I don't recall any issues with their quality.

FWIW, I see in an article on Tactical-Life.com that KyTac is the holster that Dave Sivigny uses for competition.
    that you are right. he made the design for that holster and comptac decided to use it to. i know the guy and he makes each holster when its ordered, its not mass produced like comptac, that can lead to a little bit slower delivery times, but from what i've heard his quality is awesome

Crossbreed Supertuck is quite a bit cheaper, and has a lifetime warranty.

The somewhat sensationalist claims made in the FAQ put me off quite a bit. I think I'll stick with Crossbreed, thanks.

-JT

Quote Originally Posted by WLJohnson05 View Post
    that you are right. he made the design for that holster and comptac decided to use it to. i know the guy and he makes each holster when its ordered, its not mass produced like comptac, that can lead to a little bit slower delivery times, but from what i've heard his quality is awesome
    So you posted here because???? Why did you post your original question here pretending like you knew nothing about the product or company?
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Del Fatti View Post

Matt, thanks a bunch for the direct answer to what I felt was a proper question to be asked. (This thread was the first time I recall even hearing of this holster or this company). Always great when a knowledgeable person from the industry can step in with facts. (I didn't even know you posted over here, I've seen you on the one pistol specific board).

Spooter, I see what you're driving at. But let's not be too hard on him. After all, from the looks of it, someone copied his friend's design, and then went on to offer several new innovations not seemingly directly related. The CompTac/MTac series using the leather backing is like nothing on the KyTac site. It has become one of the four most recommended holster on internet gun forums from those I've seen (others are the Milt Sparks VM-2, the CrossBreed Super Tuck and in fourth place would be the McDaniels II from Andrews).

These aren't necessarily the best, just the ones I see recommended most often based on spending WAY too many hours on WAY to many internet Forums.

If the guy was indeed the first with this design (Comp Tac still offers one very similar to it), doesn't he at least deserve some recognition? Even if it does get brought up by a suspected shill...
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

I don't really have an issue with who designed it and who's copying who, as the saying goes "I don't have a dog in this fight". I do have an issue with the deceptive post with ulterior motives.

no if you were paying attention, i asked if anyone has used either one. i kno the guy, not a good friend of mine or anything like that, but i do know the guy. i had read that others had copied his design. the reason i made the thread was to see if anyone has used this holster or even the comp tac one bc im lookin at getting one, so please dont come in here and accuse me of having "ulterior motives"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links