Milt Sparks has arrived

Milt Sparks has arrived

This is a discussion on Milt Sparks has arrived within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well UPS dropped my VM2 today. I have to say, WOW, very nice. I love the smell of a new holster. The shark trim looks ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milt Sparks has arrived

Milt Sparks has arrived

Well UPS dropped my VM2 today. I have to say, WOW, very nice. I love the smell of a new holster. The shark trim looks a little darker in person than it does in the pic, almost black. Up against the cordovan colored horse, it gives the holster a kind of two-tone look. I prefer it over straight black. The fit is nice, easy to draw, easy to reholster, and unless I am doing handstands, I don't see the gun coming out. Anyway, haven't really had a chance to give it a good test yet, I have just been wearing it around the house. It is a horse with shark trim for a Colt Defender. Kevin at KD said I should be getting my KD Dakota Defender, for the same gun, by the end of the this week as well, so it will be nice to be able to compare the 2 of them brand new side by side. One may end up in the for sale section of the forum in a week or so, although I may just decide to keep both. Anyway, here are the mandatory pics. Sorry, my camera is smarter than I am, and I have yet to figure out how to take really good pics with it.
    Attached Images
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

looks real good, congrats
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

Lucky dog. How long was the wait?

Quote Originally Posted by bonehead View Post
    Lucky dog. How long was the wait?
    Ordered 13 June, so right around 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaystekan View Post
    Ordered 13 June, so right around 6 months.
    You, my friend, are a much more patient man than I. As nice as the VM2's are supposed to be, 6 months is absurd.

Beautiful! Great choice!
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

New Hoster

Very Nice, Almost as good as my Alessi.
    "Politicians and Bureaucrats, depend very much on the complicity of their victims, and like criminals, are flummoxed when we don't play the victim role."

That's a beauty! Congrats!
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

You, my friend, are a much more patient man than I. As nice as the VM2's are supposed to be, 6 months is absurd.
    The same thing with brigade leather, I wanted a holster from the and from milt, they said allow up to 36 weeks.

Not.. I needed my holster now.. I wasted a month trying to get the custom one, now I have to have patience just to wait maybe another 3 weeks.. lol

But the raven should be worth the wait.

Cheers to you new holster........enjoy!
    1st Combat Engineer Battalion - Pistols Ruger P44, Baby Eagle .45, HK45 Full Size

Quote Originally Posted by tabsr View Post
    Very Nice, Almost as good as my Alessi.
    Why you lookin' to cause trouble?!?!

Now that is some great looking leather...that shark trim shouts "style"...

Stay armed...you have class...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Congratulations, that really is a sharp looking holster. I have a few VMIIs and love 'em!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Distinguished Member
    I ordered mine June 6th and still haven't received mine. I hope it didn't get lost in the mail.

I don't find it absurd to wait for quality.

What I can't stand is a maker that gives an unrealistic estimate of delivery times. I cancelled an order that I hadn't received after nine months, when I was initially told "three to four months".

I'm waiting on a Del Fatti, and I don't mind the two year wait. Like I said many times before, deliver as promised, or real close to it, and I don't have a problem. Milt Sparks is very good, not only at making Holsters, but at estimating delivery times. This will keep me coming back to them just for that reason.

In fact, I'm waiting for a third holster from Sparks. This one is for a 1911. It should be here in about four months.

Biker

I have to say, the wait wasn't too terrible. I had a generic holster to use while waiting, and my defender wasn't my primary carry until recently. That being said, I agree with Biker. A wait is fine as long as the maker is up front and honest with me. If I am told 6 months, then 6 months it is. Even a few delays are understandable as long as there is good communication between the maker and his/her customers. If your gonna be late, let me know, I too have cancelled an order after being told it was almost done, going out in a few days for 4 weeks in a row. Milt Sparks is an excellently run company. I actually changed my order twice while waiting. I originally ordered the holster for my defender, then after a few months, changed it to my other carry gun, then changed it back to my 1911 a few weeks after that. Every time I called, I was greeted nicely, and my requests were taken by a friendly knowledgeable voice on the other end of the phone. Sparks was even happy to give me an estimate on my remaining wait. I also have to say, I was told in mid-October, when I changed my order, that it looked like my holster was on track for a mid-December delivery. They were dead-on with their estimate.

redrick, Your order was the same day as mine, I would give it a few days. I am sure it's almost there. Sparks sent mine UPS, so they may have a tracking number they can give you if it's out there in the UPS system, but I would give it a few more days before getting worried.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links