Dakota Defender arrived today!!!!!

This is a discussion on Dakota Defender arrived today!!!!! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, it was an early christmas, yesterday my Sparks VM2 arrived, and today my KD Dakota defender arrived. I ordered my KD about a month ...

Thread: Dakota Defender arrived today!!!!!

Dakota Defender arrived today!!!!!

Well, it was an early christmas, yesterday my Sparks VM2 arrived, and today my KD Dakota defender arrived. I ordered my KD about a month and a half after my Sparks. Very nice holster. The KD is simple leather, and I also ordered a mag pouch with it. All totaled my KD including the mag pouch, was about $50.00 less than my Sparks, but the Sparks had the shark trim. So, All I have to say is WOW. Kevin make a nice holster! The Dakota is both stiffer and thinner than my VM2. Drawing and re holstering is a chore with the KD, but that's OK, it will loosen up. The Sparks was easy to do both upon its arrival. I like the fact that the KD is adjustable. The Sparks is made a certain way, and if that way doesn't fit the user, well I guess you are out of luck. Fortunately my Sparks fit me well so I am one of the lucky ones. The KD also had a nice felt-type backing on it, MUCH more comfortable against the skin. I have yet to put either one of the through a real good test, as my Sparks arrived yesterday and my KD arrived today. Just from the little bit I wore both and looked at both side-by-side, so far the nod goes to the KD. I like the thinness of the Dakota, it's adjustable, less expensive, easier on and off, little quicker delivery time, felt backing, and I like the "locking click" my Colt makes when holstering. Here are the mandatory pics.
    Attached Images
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

2. Remove Ads

Wow. I really like that one. Felt backing sounds comfortable, but how do you think it'll feel/hold up during the summer months?

That is a beautiful holster, I've always liked k&d but don't have any. Oh and good choice on the sparks - shark trim, i like your style. Form over function is my philosophy.

haha kidding of course, but seriously, nice holsters!

Nothing beats a quality leather holster...Nice!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Very nice. I can't wait for my Dakota Defender to show up...only 8 more weeks.
    Sig 229 Elite .40 S&W
    HK P2000 sk

Very nice!!
    Sig Sauer P229 Elite imm Stainless - Click for pictures
    Sig Sauer P239 SAS II (SRT) 9mm with Crimson Trace Laser
    Sig Sauer Mosquito
    Spyderco Native(s)
    Surefire G2 LED Light
    ....I have the Signess.

Congrats on the new holsters. I just got my Dakota Defender last week and am loving it.

Distinguished Member
    Kevin does make a great holster. I have 2 of his Eagle Defenders. They are my favorite holsters as we speak, I am waiting on my VMII's, they went out today.
    Good review.

Quote Originally Posted by redrick View Post
    Kevin does make a great holster. I have 2 of his Eagle Defenders. They are my favorite holsters as we speak, I am waiting on my VMII's, they went out today.
    Good review.
    Your gonna love the Sparks. After recieving mine, I have to say, I now know why everyone recommends Sparks. Unfortunately for my VM2, I haven't even put it on since my KD Dakota got here. I absolutely love this KD holster. It is by far more comfy than any other holster I own. Prior to these holsters arriving, I was carrying a Kahr in an M-tac. Now my poor M-Tac holster at least has some company in the box, as my brand spanking new VM2 has taken up residence in there too.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

I like it. I just want the one that does IWB and OWB.

Out of all the holstes I own for the M&P, I keep coming back to my Dakota Defender. Congrats on a very nice K&D holster!

Glad to hear the good report on the Dakota Defender. Mine's on order, but it's only been a month. I've got a long wait yet.

Kevin said last week that I should see mine around xmas time so I am hoping & waiting for mine like a kid waiting for santa

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    I have a K&D Dakota Defender, a Sparks VMII and an MTAC. My Dakota Defender gets the call everyday. More comfortable than the others. Kevin has done a good job with this holster.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Greatest State in The Union, Pennsylvania
    damn. i really wanted to order a dakota but i dont feel like waiting 4 months for it to come in. crossbreed or mtac for me.

Links