Bluegrass Mason-Dixon or K&D Thunderbird Defender IWB/OWB Holster?

This is a discussion on Bluegrass Mason-Dixon or K&D Thunderbird Defender IWB/OWB Holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I posted this in a different forums but wasn't getting much responses so maybe you guys/gals here can help me out. I've been looking at ...

Thread: Bluegrass Mason-Dixon or K&D Thunderbird Defender IWB/OWB Holster?

Question Bluegrass Mason-Dixon or K&D Thunderbird Defender IWB/OWB Holster?

I posted this in a different forums but wasn't getting much responses so maybe you guys/gals here can help me out. I've been looking at getting a new iwb leather holster for my xd sc9. I have a ROG IWB that I use now, but the cant just doesn't feel right to me and the xd sits just too high for my liking.

I've read all the forums regarding iwb holsters and settled on either the Bluegrass or K&D, but to my naked eye they look pretty much the same.

Which do you guys prefer and why? Anyone try both? Is one more comfortable than the other? Only difference I can readily see is that the BlueGrass M-D has the snaps and the Thunderbird has clips.

Any suggestions recommendations would be appreciated.

2. Remove Ads

I have both Bluegrass and K&D.
    I carry the Bluegrass M-D more because of the snaps giving one more pivot point adjustment far as the cant goes and helping find that perfect sweet spot also I find the Bluegrass holster has more of the gun covered with the body shield which if you carry cocked and locked makes life allot easier, I guess in short the the Bluegrass is very comfortable to my build, that and the reinforced mouth makes reholstering easier for me.

But both are very good holster makers and I'm sure you will be happy with either one.
    In God we trust, Everyone else we monitor...

I don't have either yet....but I do have a K&D Thunderbird defender on the way....it should be in sometime at the end of Feb. Kevin's work is amazing from everything I've seen and heard...and he and his wife are very nice and easy to deal with. I can't wait to get mine.....and then my M&P 40 will split time between it and the crossbreed.
    "Come, follow me, " Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17

I have the Bluegrass Mason-Dixon on order for my Sig 220 Carry. I have high hopes for it, I'll post a review once I get it.
    Don't ever underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    I'll be watching for that report, Dieselnut...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

I just decided to go with the D.M. Bullard Dual Carry Concealed holster through ebay. With the 20% cash back from paypal it should come out to, (69.95 - 20%) $55.96 shipped. (or if you don't have the paypal cash back coupon, through MSN Live cashback 8%, could get it for $64.35 delivered.
    Lower price with good reviews and much faster turnaround time, just decided to go with this one for now. I'll put up some pics with my xd sc9 as soon as it comes in.

Links