Pants falling down...

This is a discussion on Pants falling down... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; so i got my crossbreed supertuck iwb today and tried it with my xd9 service model. my pants keep sagging down where the gun is. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pants falling down...

Pants falling down...

so i got my crossbreed supertuck iwb today and tried it with my xd9 service model. my pants keep sagging down where the gun is. i'm only 5'5" and could this gun be too big for me to carry? it prints some if i do anything but stand up straight? i also bought the extra mag holder but will probably send that back as to put both the holster and the mag holder in my waist is just too much for me. anybody have the pants problem? any suggestions? thanks.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by sfo View Post
    so i got my crossbreed supertuck iwb today and tried it with my xd9 service model. my pants keep sagging down where the gun is. i'm only 5'5" and could this gun be too big for me to carry? it prints some if i do anything but stand up straight? i also bought the extra mag holder but will probably send that back as to put both the holster and the mag holder in my waist is just too much for me. anybody have the pants problem? any suggestions? thanks.
    sounds like your belt isn't tight enough and you DO NOT have a good gun belt

What kind of belt are you using?

A quality gunbelt will make all the difference here, I think. It will pull the gun in close to your body.

You may need a slighty larger shirt too.

I like my Wilderness Instructor belt. I wear it even when I'm not carrying(which is pretty much just at work).

I don't ever dress up though, if you dress in more than jeans and tshirts, you may want to get something a little nicer, like a beltman belt. My belt is never seen, so it isn't a concern for me.
    ~Mike
    Glock 17, Dale Fricke Archangel, Wilderness Tactical belt.
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

I second the belt issue. Tighten it up snug. You're carrying a life preserver now.
    Also, are you wearing dress pants or jeans?
    Stay away from those baggy fall-off-your-crack gangster jeans too.
    [I]They make a desert and call it peace - Calgacus
    We're all just a bunch of Right Wing Racist Republican Homophobes - Rush L.

i am currently not using a gun belt but am wearing my belt 1 notch tighter than usual. i just have jeans and a large t-shirt on. also i assume the gun belts are alot thicker and question if they will fit thru the C clips that came on the supertuck holster? right now the jeans and regular belt seem to fill it up.

They'll fit through the holster. Be sure to get one @ 1.25" to fit khakis properly.
    1.50" has a problem with some khakis (if you ever wear khakis)
    [I]They make a desert and call it peace - Calgacus
    We're all just a bunch of Right Wing Racist Republican Homophobes - Rush L.

when i get a gun belt should i go up a size from what i wear now? say i usually buy a size 36" belt should i get a 38"?

The companies that sell gun belts have guides for how to measure what size belt you need. Look on their websites. Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters or www.thebeltman.net would be good places to start. You can find the instructions for how to measure the size on their sites.

-Jeff-

I have an XD40 sc, and had the same problem with my Supertuck when I first got it. I didn't believe it at first either, but the belt I was using was completely inadequate. I ordered a 1.25" bullhide from the Beltman (using his sizing chart and a phone call) - problem solved. I've played baseball in shorts and a t-shirt with my son while carrying - no problems at all.

Yep a stretchy belt will sag from the xtra weight ,make sure you carry the spare mag pouch on opposite side of gun to help balance the weight once you get a good belt
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

<><><><><>
    Grass Roots North Carolina
    <><><><><>
    NRA Life Member

Senior Moderator
    Yes I agree with the rest and say you need a good belt
    Sometimes I wonder who the old man in the mirror is....

Lord, Grant me a good sword and no need to use it.

I've been wondering about what is 'too heavy', too. Though I've got several gun belts, I still think that I've got the same problem sfo voiced, especially with certain styles of carry.

My Sig P229 SAS is made for concealed carry, every bit of it nicely dehorned and smooth. But it is heavy, especially when full of Hornady TAP! I often wonder whether I print or otherwise reveal myself much more than I would with a lighter gun.

My Kimber Ultra is tinier and lighter. It doesn't usually cause this problem, but it is not my primary carry. Even a strong gun belt can sometimes sag, especially if you're skinny!

I have to laugh when I see people in Cabela's or Gander Mountain looking at gun belts whilst tugging their drawers to keep them from sagging due to the holstereed gun NOT in a gun belt under the shirt. It is amazing how easy it is to forget that when you're fidgeting, you're revealing your carry status. It is very important that whatever carry method chosen be comfortable.

Great idea to get a good gun belt. Also may be a good time for me to re-evaluate the weight of my weapon.
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    I'd go 1.5 inch unless you are sure you specifically need a 1.25 inch. And yes, you need a quality gun belt!
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member
    Yes go up in size of your belt like you said.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links