Bersa Thunder 380 holster question

This is a discussion on Bersa Thunder 380 holster question within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for a good(not expensive) holster for my Bersa Thunder 380. This is my first carry gun. I am disabled and use a ...

Thread: Bersa Thunder 380 holster question

Bersa Thunder 380 holster question

I am looking for a good(not expensive) holster for my Bersa Thunder 380. This is my first carry gun. I am disabled and use a cane to walk. I am right handed and that is also the hand I use with the cane. I have a pancake holster for a right hand but it is a little difficult to draw.
    I am thinking of a cross draw or something for the small of the back.
    Any suggestions?
    Since I am disabled, I am on a fixed income. I cannot afford a "pricey" holster, but I also don't want to waste money on a "cheap" holster. I am just looking for a good, low cost holster, that fits my situation.
    thanks for the help.

2. Remove Ads

Fobus makes a paddle roto-holster that may fit your criteria.

Fobus Holster: WALTHER PP/PPK/PPKS - ROTO-HOLSTERô PADDLE

It's for the Walther and should git the Bersa, but you may want to contact them to verify this.

I have a Bersa 380 Thunder that I carry in a Comp-Tac Ghurka holster.
    XD9 Service
    Bersa 380 Thunder
    Taurus 605
    ...a few others

Texas XD Practical Shooters Association

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    i'm settled on this:

Hidden Ally

haven't purchased it yet though, so i can't give you a definitive review. i've heard good things though...
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

I just purchased the Don Hume JIT Slide Belt Holster for $23.00. I ordered it from Gun Holsters and Shooting Accessories at Discounted Prices. I don't have it yet, but I have read a few reviews and people to seem to like the quality of the leather.

My local gun shop also recommends the FOBUS PADDLE HOLSTER. They usually run around the same price. Good luck!

A good friend of mine just purchased a crossbreed, not sure if it was a super-tuck or mini-tuck, for a kel-tec 380 and he is very pleased with it. He has been carrying with it for about two months. I don't know if they have one for the Bersa 380 but if not they might make one for you. I'm not sure how you define "pricey" but I believe it cost around $65.00.
    Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by hrairoorah View Post
    I am looking for a good(not expensive) holster for my Bersa Thunder 380. This is my first carry gun. I am disabled and use a cane to walk. I am right handed and that is also the hand I use with the cane. I have a pancake holster for a right hand but it is a little difficult to draw.
    I am thinking of a cross draw or something for the small of the back.
    Any suggestions?
    Since I am disabled, I am on a fixed income. I cannot afford a "pricey" holster, but I also don't want to waste money on a "cheap" holster. I am just looking for a good, low cost holster, that fits my situation.
    thanks for the help.
    Search out Fist holsters through the 'Related Links' above.
    Find Fists IWB/SOB #41...very comfortable, reasonable $, quality leather, and quick delivery.
    I have 6 of them.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If you happen to decide that you would like to try IWB then the new Bersa holster from Tennessee Holster is now available on their website.

I got the first one of these they sold and really like it. It is a heavy leather and the cant is adjustable to fit how you want to carry it. Mine found the sweet spot on my waist and I put some locktite on the paddle screw and it now stays right where it needs to be and rides great. I bet the cant angle on mine is at least 20% forward but it just disappears under a t-shirt and stays there all day. You could even move the paddle around and carry it cross draw if that is what you wanted to do.
    GeorgiaCarry.org Member & Volunteer
    GeorgiaPacking.org Forum Poster

Carry Safe, Carry Smart, Carry Secure

I just ordered a "Bare Asset" from High Noon yesterday. I have never needed a tuckable holster, so I passed up the split decision.
    Bare Asset

These are stocked, so mine will be delivered tomorrow!:)
    I think it was about $37 shipped.

Maybe a shoulder rig might work for you. Similar motion as a cross draw but may be easier to get to than a SOB holster.
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

I have a Smart Carry holster for my Taurua 24/7 Pro and I can also use this same holster for the Bersa Thunder .380. Actually a little lighter pistol and conceals remarkably well, even with just a T shirt and shorts.
    Smart Carry
    Vern
    http://Taurus45ACP.com
    My wesbsite with many pro-gun links.
    Carry Taurus 24/7 Pro in .45 ACP

I've sent you a PM with my (limited) experience.

Stay safe.
    The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.

George Washington

Slight of hand

With a shoulder holster, you can pass your cane to your left hand, and while your hand is on that side of your body, slide hand under concealment garment, draw and fire. Would also fit a cross draw, this maneuver.

The passing of the cane is a non threating movement, till the right hand emerges with the .380 firmly held, a lot of trouble goes away when a pistol instantly grows on the end of your arm.

Links