K&D Holsters Pocket Defender Convertible 2-in-1

This is a discussion on K&D Holsters Pocket Defender Convertible 2-in-1 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This past Christmas, I bought mrshonts a S&W 442. Because of his job, it can be difficult for him to conceal a weapon (company policy ...

Thread: K&D Holsters Pocket Defender Convertible 2-in-1

VIP Member

Thumbs up K&D Holsters Pocket Defender Convertible 2-in-1

This past Christmas, I bought mrshonts a S&W 442. Because of his job, it can be difficult for him to conceal a weapon (company policy frowns on CC), so the holster had to be something that he could easily draw from and yet to very well concealed. He can ankle carry, but it's awkward and slow to draw from. So he decided on a pocket holster. (He's not much of a forum junkie, so I'm posting this for him.)

I really liked the Pocket Defender Convertible 2-in-1 - the anti-print panel is fastened with two strong snaps and can be removed. I ordered it, and it came the same week.

The leather quality and stitching is good. The little revolver is held snugly in without the holster jerking out when drawn.

Mrshonts tried the holster with the anti-print panel and decided the flat, blocky look in the pants was too odd. He doesn't feel like he should see anything through the pocket. I said it looked like a PDA and you couldn't tell it was a holster, but he didn't like it. He's still relatively new to carrying, so he'll work out what he likes and doesn't like. I don't pocket carry, so maybe some of you who do can give your experiences on what the gun/holster should look like through the pants, or if you should see any outline of anything at all.

So he snapped the panel off, put the gun/holster back in his pockets, and was satisfied.

Overall, mrshonts is pleased with his holster and carries it in his pants pocket or uses it for inside coat pocket cross-draw carry. Sometimes I have to ask if he's carrying because I can't see it.

Some days he has to go to gov't buildings and schools, so he can't always carry. But he has been able to carry a lot more now with this gun and holster, and I'm glad. Thanks, Kevin!
    Attached Images
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    This a nice rig Betty - another ''Kevin Classic''.

I would think that over time the anti-print panel just might get some use, even if not now.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Glad he has found somthing he liked

He makes the best!!

Betty:

You and MrShonts are very welcome.

When I carried a Kel-Tec P3AT, I used one of the 2n1 holsters with the panel attached in the front pocket. People thought that I carried a wallet in my front pocket. It does take some practice to become proficient in drawing from the holster with the panel on. Part of it may be that he's still self-conscious about carrying, so anything he sees he thinks everyone else sees and knows what he's carrying. As you know, that will ease with time. There are a lot of excellent choices available for pocket holsters by a variety of makers, so he has plenty to choose from.

Links