Fist #1A holster

This is a discussion on Fist #1A holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For those who have the Fist #1A IWB canted clip holster does it come with a sweat guard? Can not tell in the picture....

Thread: Fist #1A holster

Fist #1A holster

For those who have the Fist #1A IWB canted clip holster does it come with a sweat guard? Can not tell in the picture.

John

NRA Life Member
    TSRA

2. Remove Ads

Ron
    It is an option that you can order along with the holster.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Fist will do anything you want. No problem adding a sweatshield. Really they have the most options and customized features of any maker that I know. Many makers will give you a hard time if you want a certain cant or color or option. Fist will do it all for a price.

You can also get it in ultra thin kydex. I have this one which I ordered with a sweat guard. It is very thin, you'll think you are carring Mexican. It isn't as pretty as leather, but who sees it?

Been using it for a few years and I swear by it.
    with a

Common Sense, the rarest of all senses

Quote Originally Posted by Martini13 View Post
    You can also get it in ultra thin kydex. I have this one which I ordered with a sweat guard. It is very thin, you'll think you are carring Mexican. It isn't as pretty as leather, but who sees it?

Been using it for a few years and I swear by it.
    with a

I just ordered a 1AK with a sweat guard,it adds $8.00 to the price of the holster. I've ordered many Fist holsters for different handguns and am very pleased.

#42 driving holster to crossdraw

I have tried FIST holsters and I am unimpressed. I prefer Alessi, Milt Sparks, Kramer, Rosen, Haugen, Ken L. Null etc. The #42 DRIVING HOLSTER TO CROSSDRAW I had did not hold up well. Regards, Richard

Quote Originally Posted by richardoldfield View Post
    I have tried FIST holsters and I am unimpressed. I prefer Alessi, Milt Sparks, Kramer, Rosen, Haugen, Ken L. Null etc. The #42 DRIVING HOLSTER TO CROSSDRAW I had did not hold up well. Regards, Richard

Can you explain "did not hold up well"?

Thanks,
    John

NRA Life Member
    TSRA

Quote Originally Posted by richardoldfield View Post

is that the only one you tried?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by john5 View Post
    Can you explain "did not hold up well"?

Thanks,
    The rivets for the plastic shield used to attach the holster to my belt broke early on. I gave the holster to a friend that did leather work as a hobby. He fixed the holster and I gave it to him. Regards, Richard

No, the #1A does not come with the body protector (that extra leather piece), but you can order it with one.

I have had almost 30 holsters from Fist. I have never had a problem with any of them.
    I have about 8 of the #1A's...the body protector is about an $8 option...which I order for all my #1A's.

Different people have different opinions on every holster maker...some like them, some do not. Some get a bad holster (for whatever reason), some do not. I have seen people pay BIG money for 'top of the line' makers and still be disappointed.

I have never been disappointed with a Fist product. Many of my Fist holsters are over 5 years old, and still in great shape. I have never had a clip fail, and every holster has held its shape (for reholstering).
    I have spoken with Jim Murnak, the owner, many times...he's a great guy who stands behind his products.

I order body protectors on any Fist holster without one (some come with them).

If there is anything missing from the Fist line-up, it would be the exotic trims, but I can do without that option...even though they can be quite impressive...no one sees my holsters anyway.

Stay armed...Fist makes quality...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have holsters from all of the others (Alessi,Sparks,Rosen,Kramer,Haugen) and they are indeed nice but not one of those makers will let you customize like FIST will. I do admit that FIST's ultra thin Kydex is weak and I always order the thicker kydex. I have yet to have any problems with any of my FIST holsters. Sure my Rosen/Sparks leather is much prettier but I am also spending usually twice as much!

I've been carrying for many years now and like most I to have a very large holster box. Some I still use others I don't.

Anyway.... I went ahead ordered Fist #1A without the body shield/sweat guard or whatever you want to call it.

My main goal was something to carry my M&P9c specifically. I prefer carrying my one of my FS M&Ps and of course my compact will fit my FS holsters, but I need another holster .

Thanks for the info and thoughts on the Fist 1A holster.
    John

NRA Life Member
    TSRA

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post

................I have had almost 30 holsters from Fist...............................Stay armed...Fist makes quality...stay safe!
    Holy cow buddie! That's gotta be some kind of record. Does FIST send you dividends at the end of the year?

How many handguns do you have, out of curiosity?

MARV
    (P.S. - I've got FIST holsters myself and I highly recommend them.)

Links