Help with first holster

This is a discussion on Help with first holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am anticipating getting my permit sometime this month (heard through a spy at the sheriffs office that it is on their desk at this ...

Thread: Help with first holster

Help with first holster

I am anticipating getting my permit sometime this month (heard through a spy at the sheriffs office that it is on their desk at this time ). I have some $$ down on a Springfield GI 1911. Being in NY I will have to CC. I am not sure if I want to go IWB, OWB or SOB. Winter time I usually end up wearing a sweatshirt that can be used for cover. Summer is usually a t-shirt (dark color). Pants are carhart work pants or jeans. I am also a lefty so I need to take that into consideration. What have you guys found to be the best out there. I have been looking over all the sponsor links and just feel overwhlemed with the choices. Thanks in advance!

Zippy

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Many holsters will work. I find a 1911 easy to conceal and comfortable IWB . However IWB may or may not be comfortable to you. A good belt will help carry the load of a full pistol. One suggestion I have would be find a holster with a sweat shield if you go the IWB route.
    Personally I use a Gould and Goodrich IWB like this.
    Gould & Goodrich | 810 Inside Pants Holster
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    In NY I would go IWB, So the natives don't freak out if they were to see it. and congrats on your permit. I hear it is like winning the lottery there.

VIP Member
    Personally I prefer a leather IWB holster for my 1911 (VersaMax-II) with a double thick leather belt!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Links